2007 Mazda 5 Consumer Review: Just a newby, but...

2007 Mazda 5 - Consumer Review

Just a newby, but...
By Ipsedixit7963 on

2007 Mazda 5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this after many months of test driving. Saw this after driving a Mazda 3. Took an auto for a drive, but wanted a 5-speed. I look forward to getting out on the road! This thing zips around. I can't wait to see what kind of real gas mileage I get. It's a versatile little wagon and a commuter all in one. I'll have to get a few after-market add-ons, as the 5-speed is only available in the Sport model. This super mini is functional for my family. I needed a commuter vehicle with room for hauling stuff, and an around-town scooter for the family. A great (different) change from my Saab wagon.

I love the head room, but I can see where a long-legged person might suffer. Sporty feel. versatility: commuter (gas mileage), passenger mover, cargo space. Stiff ride. The fact I don't see many. Built in Japan (I hope this means very few, if any, German parts).

More options available on Sport model. I guess you can't be picky when there are so few of these on American roads. Some may want more power. Maybe a MazdaSpeed5 with a turbo?