2007 Mazda Mazda5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda5 model:
A True Multi-Purpose Vehicle
By jimmitime on 07/30/11 23:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it new because it had a lot to offer as our sole family vehicle.Original A/T tires are still fine. Driven it all over northwest USA & west Canada. Has been a good tow vehicle, we pulled a 2000lb trailer through snowy ID Lolo Pass, MT, WA and the rockies no problems. Handles suprisingly well in slippery conditions. Braking is great. Could do with more power but the tradeoff is decent fuel economy. Now at 30k miles. Have had to do nothing but oil changes. We'd definitely buy the 5 again. Has served us well. Our 3 kids have punished it inside and out so the paint does seem to scratch easily which is probably typical of all new vehicles these days with the bare minimum paint used.

A/C & brake disc issues
By karnollege on 01/30/11 10:46 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love my 2007 Mazda 5 - see my post dating back to July 2007. None of those opinions have changed. However, a few months ago my a/c compressor failed - a very big deal in Southern Arizona. My mechanic learned it was defective & Mazda acknowledged it and paid for a new one, which was appreciated. Then my brake discs rusted - my mechanic explained this shouldn't happen in a 5 year old car. So-o-o-o-o, I guess this explains why this car was such a good buy! It's given me pause about the Mazda brand & next time I may go back to my tried & true Honda, Nissan, or Toyota.

Zoom - Zoom - Squeak
By lazlo67 on 01/09/08 05:59 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Very fun to drive on long, windy roads. Very easy to get kids in and out of. Good fuel economy. Poor quality radio, almost no bass. Also, when you eject a CD, you have to hit insert to get another one in. On my Ford Focus, it prompts you insert another - one less button to push when you are driving. After we got it, we had problems with the rear sliding doors. Wator vapor got into the locks and froze, making it impossible to shut them, they would hit the latch and bounce back. Mazda replaced under warranty. Brakes sounds like a freight train when you back out of the driveway in the morning - very loud and annoying!! I do not think I would purchase a Mazda again. Just not too impressed.

Great car (ok, minivan) for the money
By Not your average mom on 01/02/08 06:50 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I swore I'd never drive a minivan but here I am doing so and actually enjoying it. It is versatile and very easy for the kids to get into and out of by themselves. It gets good gas mileage even in the cold winter months. I have never gotten below 22 mpg on a tank of gas. I love the fact that it is getting more popular and that when I first got it, people were asking me what it was. I love all the spaces to hide things in. I've been accused of having everything but a toilet and sink in it but you won't see any of it. If you live in a really snowy/icy climate you will want to get snow tires. Stock tires perform as expected on the snow but are next to useless on ice.

Sport Utility Wagon
By HotRodSaint on 10/19/07 19:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a vehicle that was fun to drive and was flexible in its cargo carrying capacity. The manual transmission Mazda5 fit this bill perfectly.

Nice Car
By Scott on 08/10/07 15:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We have owned the car for two weeks and it has been a pleasure to drive. First gas tank of all city driving came in at an average mpg of 23, even with some of my higher RPM start-ups. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a compromise between some of the desirable features of a minivan and a station wagon. Great value for the price.

So Much for So Little!!
By karnollege on 07/30/07 22:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I read 100 international consumer reviews and ordered a Touring 5 speed manual without ever driving one! Sounds nuts, huh! Six months and 11K miles later, I'm crazy about this car! I love the way it looks, drives, handles, feels, and it does everything I want it to do! It's versatile, economic, comfortable, sporty, playful, peppy to safe, dependable, workhorse to elegant night out with everything in between! I thank all of you for sharing about this awesome vehicle and its high value and quality. Do get the manual transmission for the extra pep and slightly better MPG. I drive rather fast but still get a solid 27 MPG on the highway.

Fun Family Car
By Daisy on 04/03/07 19:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We looked at everything from the Ford Edge, the Pacifica to the Honda CRV and Toyota Rav4. While each of these models have some cool features the Mazda5 had the basic cool features, PLUS family roominess, fuel economy, sleek looks, and zoom zoom for less money than all the others we looked at. We are so, so pleased with our purchase. Mazda has the quality that provides peace of mind too. The most fun about this vehicle is the fact that we get a fun to drive family car with fuel economy. It only took $31 to fill 'er up from less than 1/4 of a tank so that is nice and we got about 330 miles out of it. LOVE IT!

A work in progress
By Probstc on 03/03/07 17:25 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We recently purchased a Mazda5 GT Standard. As all Mazdas I have previously owned, this one too has the "Zoom Zoom" in it. However, there are 2 issues I find most disturbing: After 3 weeks, our car with a supposedly full alarm system was broken into. It seems the engineers forgot to protect the small back windows and the crook busted the window and grabbed what he / she could. In all the repairs took 3 weeks to complete due to parts on back order and cost a fortune (most paid by my insurance). The car seems less than happy in the Canadian cold and several parts of the suspension have already had to be replaced, despite the car being less than 4 months old.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.