2009 Mazda CX-9 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
Awesome Vehicle!!
By Mark on 11/24/09 01:00 AM (PST)

2009 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

So far this vehicle has been the best car I have ever owned, and I have had them all! Comparing among, Fords,Chevy's,Cadillacs,Nissan,etc.It has been my favorite hands down! Enjoyable to drive,smooth ride, comfort,handling,cargo space, this crossover is a real winner!

First Mazda owned
By Chamberis on 10/23/09 21:54 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Totaled our 06 Sonata, been looking at CX9 since it came out in 07. Purchased for wife and kids. Plenty of room, very comfortable. Exterior looks great. So far we have 2k on it and it rides and drives as good as our Sonata did. Handles like a sedan, but you can pack the kitchen sink in it. Great hiway cruiser if you stay away from the 20" wheels, plus the 18" on the touring won't cost $200+ to replace and they look just as good. Overall very impressed. Snagged one of the last 09's in the state, discounts and rebates marked it down almost 6k off the stickers. 2009 looks just like the 2010! Don't see many on the road which is nice, people always asking what we are driving.

Great value for a cool CUV
By Sagar on 09/02/09 18:14 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

As the reviews said CX-9 is a cool design, great drive and excellent value for money. Drives like a car, is a very roomy people carrier with sporty looks. Am getting about 20 - 21 mpg during the first month!

SAFETY SECOND TO NONE
By Larry on 08/19/09 14:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I was hit broadside (T-boned) on the passenger side at an intersection. Lady ran a red light and hit me. I must say I am thankful I bought the CX- 9. The side curtain airbag deployed instantly (no white powder, clean) the doors and structure took the impact and protected me, I was completely unhurt. While both front and rear doors were completely crushed the doors did not bend into the inside, the side windows did not break. As a matter of fact the doors STILL opened and closed. Mazda has built an extremely safe and exceptional vehicle. The CX-9 was repaired (two new doors)and is back on the road as good as new. Feel free to read my previous review dated 1/13/09. Thanks Mazda, life saver!

Best Value for your money
By FDC on 05/13/09 11:12 AM (PDT)

2009 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Nice ride. Comparable to other luxury SUVs without paying the $$$. Nice handling and power. Touring edition has some nice features that cost more in other models. Definitely better than highlander or the pilot. Lots of room, great bose surround system. Comfy ride.

WOW - A MUST DRIVE
By Larry on 01/13/09 23:01 PM (PST)

2009 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

After several months of looking at all SUVs and X-overs I selected the CX-9. Am I glad I did - the build quality, workmanship, features, value, fuel economy (first 240 miles city with 62 miles freeway got 18.5 MPG!!), fun to drive, and performance all add up to a best in class up and down the price scale. Much better than all contenders. This is a little known gem that will have a very bright future as soon as folks get to know and see them on the road. Outstanding lines, sports car handling, family friendly, equally at home in a tux or Levis. This is a rare find in a market cluttered with "me too" and "ordinary offerings". A must drive if you are in the market, no disappointments here.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mazda CX-9 Suv in VA is:

$129 per month*