Sporty and Fun
By Mark on
2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)
I traded in a VW Beetle, so there isn't much comparison except from the test drives I have been on. We considered a Pathfinder, Pilot and the Highlander. The Pilot was too much like a car and not very responsive. The Highlander was too pricey for the amount of vehicle. The Pathfinder felt really bulky in comparison to the CX-9. I drive about 4 hours every weekend with my wife and great dane. We wanted a vehicle that would allow us to have room for children in the back along with our dog. The gas mileage isn't too impressive, but a vehicle this size just doesn't have that 30 mpg ability right now. The backup cam on the nav screen seems dangerous.
Favorite Features
Blind spot monitoring, I didn't even know it had it, but what a relief it does. Auto-wipers. Halogen headlamps. Blue-tooth capability. Overall value.
Suggested Improvements
I drove a fully decked out 2008 CX-9 with navigation, which quickly deterred me from buying the nav system. Someone needs to tell Mazda that unlike a fine wine, navigation systems do not get better with age. I prefer to use my $150 Garmin over it. Also, the sunroof leaked during a recent car wash.