Used 2008 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Reviews - 155 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mazda CX-9 - Consumer Reviews

2008 Mazda CX-9

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

If Lexus made a 3-row Cross-Over....
By ALM

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

...it would be this vehicle. Bought it used but it only had 74 miles on it!! Great Deal!! Traded in my 2000 Ford Explorer w/ a V-8. What a world of difference. This CUV is so much smoother, refined and quiet. Love the handling and power. Took a long distance trip (1000 miles round trip) and it was a perfect combination for passenger and cargo space. Three rows came in handy, plenty of room for the kids. Minor quibbles: CX-9s w/ navigation require separate i-pod module, no automatic locks when rolling, no rear back-up sensors (Explorer had em), no load leveling system, seat cushion slightly short for taller drivers. Other than that, having a tough time keeping it from my wife.

Ride, handling, power and all around performance. Exterior styling is nice (shape similar to Porsche Cayenne). Comfortable and roomy. Rear seats move fore and aft. Third row roomy enough for me at 6'0".

Auto locks, longer seat cushions, another aux input for i-pod, rear back up sensors, load leveling system.

Overall Great Car
By Mark

2008 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Owner for 2 years. Overall very satisfied with this vehicle. Great acceleration and smooth ride. After driving it 1000 miles in 1.5 days, I was surprised that my back didn't hurt. I am very pleased with this car's performance, but can't say the same for the dealership's service. Love the Bluetooth and Nav system. Average hwy mileage at 75mph is 25. In town mileage could be better. Loads of cargo room. Down fall is that no daytime running lights and if you turn headlights on during the day, I can't see the speedometer very well even with my prescription sunglasses.

Bluetooth and Nav system.

Better gas mileage. Design it for regular unleaded.

A Wise Choice
By dbal72

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased my 2008 GT AWD in August of this year w/ 9k miles on it. It replaced our 2006 Chrysler T&C Van. My wife absolutely loves the CX9. I drive a 05 Audi A4 Quattro w/ sport pkge and I am amazed at how well the Mazda handles and drives for a larger heavier vehicle. If you need 3 rows of seats and don't have to have sliding doors, then make sure you drive one of these before purchasing anything else. We test drove 10 different crossovers and SUV's and kept going back to the Mazda. I also drove the Touring model. The GT does not ride that much firmer for how much better it handles and looks. Love the sliding 2nd row for entry/exit and the legroom. Ours is loaded and we love it.

Handling/Power, Blind Spot Monitoring System, Back Up Camera, Nav, BOSE, The overall looks,

Better Gas Mileage, More Tow Capacity, more headroom when hatch is up, harder paint, Better OEM tires (Replace Bridgestones if you drive in snow)

All it's cracked up to be!
By Bo

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I did a lot of research before purchasing the 08 CX9. Looked at Acura, Lexus, Volvo and Cadi. The X9 is by far the best. I can't believe there a not more of these on the road. I have never owned a Mazda before but if this continues to meet my standards I will buy another. Handling excellent! Style Awesome! Get up and go, yes! I get a lot of looks with this car. I bought it for my wife but I want to drive it too. I traded in a Cadi SRX and this is much better. Great car, you won't be disappointed!

Interior design is great and comfortable seats. Car feels a lot bigger inside than it is. according to the specs is only 2 inches longer than my SRX but it just has more room. Well Done Mazda

Gas mileage like everyone else but I'll take what it has with how nice it is.

The Car Sold Me
By Tim R

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a new 2008 Mazda CX9 for my wife in Feb 2009. We were impressed by the look and ride of the car. We were blown away by the fuel economy of our car. We were expecting less than 20 miles per gallon. We are getting 22 to 23 miles per gallon. Our only sore spots with the car are the hood latch that broke very easily and the third row seat belt hooks that feld off while driving around town. Due to the great car's ride and comfort, those flaw are very minor in comparison. We will recommend and have recommend buying the CX9 to our friends and family. The power will blow you away.

My favorite features are the comfortable ride, power of the engine, the blind spot monitoring device and the head and leg room.

I suggest a head rest that moves forward and backward not just up and down. I suggest stronger hood latch and third row seat belt hooks.