Well-priced and fun Small CUV
By benny_boy on
2014 Mazda CX-5 Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
Have had this car for 3000 miles in 3 months. Happy with my choice so far. I am 6'-2" and I have two toddlers. My wife is already driving a minivan. So, i was looking for a car that can fit the whole family occasionally, yet compact enough to fit the short street curb between driveways in san francisco, versatile, two car seats, good looking, satisfying to drive, sit high, around $22,000 (out of the door), good mpg for my long commute and respected. I have found all these in my new cx-5. I was not considering mazda. But then, i got a chance to drive a mazda3 rental with a skyactiv engine. I re-discovered the driving experience I loved so much with my old BMW 3 series.
Favorite Features
Good price, good mpg (34 mpg with 50% city driving or 35 avg mph), buttery stick-shift, smooth engine, attractive exterior, push start button, side mirror signal light, roof fin antenna, roomy exterior in a small footprint, attractive gauges, attractive alloy wheels
Suggested Improvements
The seat back pocket rips apart already only a month after my purchase. The acceleration is adequate with the smooth engine and stick shift, but would be better with more HP. I wish the car would have come with bluetooth and rear view camera. But for $1000, i can get both of these plus DVD player and app control in an aftermarket headset, installed. May be tiny little more room to fit the car seats in the back. My sons cannot swing their feet freely.