Used 2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (204 reviews )

A pleasure to drive
By joe

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased the car in Dec 2006 and I have put about 2500 miles on the car we love everything about it. It rides great and the only slight problem we have is it is a little noisy when it is not warmed up. We get a lot of compliments on the looks of the car. This is our first Lexus after owning a Mercedes-Benz truck and an Explorer truck. The quality is much better in the lexus I would definitely recommend this car

Everything / push button start standard radio bluetooth.

None.

Initial
By Dave

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The car has a vibration, it drifts to the right, and the steering wheel is off center to the left. The heated seats only get slightly warm at best. The dealer said that it was within Lexus' standards. In my years of owning cars they have the lowest I've ever owned. The GPS is the most difficult ones I've operated, and I've used several in cars, boats, and airplanes. I've used the very first built and fly a Gulfstream with two FMS that have GPS inputs. The GPS miles out of the way and will not use roads that have been around for decades. The POI are years out of date.

The arm rest lid opens when not intended and and has limited access when open. GPS needs to be re-engineered and an updated data base.

Don't buy an ES 350
By gjfes350

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My first experience as a Lexus owner has been a nightmare. I have had one problem after another with the car (transmission replaced, non-functioning voice response, navigation system, Bluetooth, tire pressure sensors, etc.).

Improve transmission programming and put quality back into Lexus.

Great Car
By Bill

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had an '04 Acura RL. Considered the '07 RL and liked it. Also considered the Lexus GS-350 but found it cramped. The salesman talked me into looking at the ES. It was love at first test drive. This car had all the features except AWD as the RL or the GS 350 and was $8000 cheaper. The car is quieter than my old RL and I think the ride quality is better. It has more room than th RL or GS 350. This car is absolutely fablous on the highway cruising at 75 MPH. The audio system is great. All in all a great car for the money.

Ride quality and quietness along with comfortable seating.

Move the cruise control to the steering wheel. Provide better lighting to the overhead panel. The Homelink garage door opener is not visible at night resulting in fumbling around to find it. The NAV system could be a little easier to use.

Tranny problems
By frani D

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a new ES in 06/07. At 500 miles the tranny froze. It took about 3 months to get a new replacement car. The new ES still misses the shifts between 2nd & 3rd gear. There is NO FIX - this is a manufacturing defect with the tranny. I can't wait to get rid of it.

The pearl white paint

Fix the transmission and do not tell me that is just the way this car rides!

• SUV