Used 2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Lexus Es-350 - Consumer Reviews

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (203 reviews )

Phenomenal Car to Like (Maybe Not Love)
By AndyA

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the most competent non-sports sedan I've ever driven. Very powerful engine (although you could eat breakfast while it selects its gear in automatic mode), great comfort, and amazing integration of electronics - GPS, climate, audio, etc. Really a beautiful vehicle. I have a big complaint, though, about the GPS system. You cannot set destinations or use many of the features while the car is in motion. This is billed as a safety feature, but it's a terrible inconvenience, especially when a passenger is sitting next to the driver. In summary, it doesn't have the soul of my 528, but it's a great compromise when looking for a classy ride with great power at a great price.

Favorite Features

275 HP engine, electronics integration, swiveling headlights, ventilated seats.

Suggested Improvements

It's a very big problem that the nav system doesn't work while the car is in motion, especially with a passenger present. It's just plain silly, and a big inconvenience. It might well cause me to buy a different car next time.

Love my Lexus
By Jason B. kane

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just finished a trip to and from Canada of about 1600 miles. Most of the driving was on good roads in hilly and mountainous country. On regular gas I averaged almost 35 mpg at an average speed of 67 mph. The car's mileage calculator said 34.7 mpg. My calculator said 37.9 mpg. The ES 350 is not a formula one car but it is supremely comfortable, handles well for a sedan and has sufficient power to do what needs to be done.

Suggested Improvements

Make the technology easier to use... voice commands are almost impossible for me to make work.

Better than the ES 330
By Billy Bill

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm definitely enjoying the 2007 model, which is my second Lexus. It's better than my old 2004 model. Got it with the premium pkg. It has lots of toys. It's also fun to drive. I like the fact that is looks more sporty. But at the same time it has a elegant look to it as well. The cabin is also quiet.

Favorite Features

The handling and all the toys that come with the premium pkg. In addition, the auxiliary feature for the iPod. I also like the easy management of the center console while you're driving.

Suggested Improvements

The nav is a little complicated, which takes some time to get use to. Never been a fan of the voice command. I prefer to control everything the old fashioned way (with my hands).

As expected from Lexus
By KDUB

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my third Lexus and I have come to expect the best. The ES 350 did not let me down. More than a little peppy, yet I am getting more than 23 mpg city. All the creature comforts one could want and a pleasure to drive.

Favorite Features

Nav system, built-in Bluetooth, keyless entry and ignition.

Lexus ES 350 with Ultra Beats The Rest
By Lexus Finatic

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have 905 miles on the odometer, but there are a few problems with it. The homelink refuses to connect with our garage door system. The rear view mirrors tilt down in reverse like they're supposed to, but they don't come back up. I'm sure these problems are nothing that the dealer can't fix, but with a car in this price range, you'll expect something better. Size was the issue for us so we looked at the Audi A6, BMW 530xi, the Mercedes E350 4Matic, the Infiniti M35x, and even the Lexus GS350 awd.The ES has the best value and has the best ride for the price even though the handling can't beat some, but it's expected.

Favorite Features

The keyless start. The rear moonroof. The navigation is really easy to use. It has a lot of unexpected power and a very smooth ride. We like the 6 CD Mark Levinson sound. Rear seat passengers like the fact that there isn't a hump on the floor so there's more room.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the mirrors.The turning headlights are cool, but don't help a lot. The voice command takes a few tries to figure out which commands are actually operative. The compartments are too small and the middle one is awkward to open. The reading lights are way too dim to read. Gas mileage can be better.