Used 2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 207 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (207 reviews )

Disabled the Navigation
By Wantin' to Nav

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

All 2007 Lexus vehicles are set to disable the navigation and phone dialing while the car is in motion. This is a huge pain!! The otherwise very good Lexus quality is overshadowed by the loss of the "override" that was present in older Lexus vehicles. I would have bought an Acura, Audi or BMW (anything, actually) if I had known the nav was disabled.

Rear back up camera. Seat ventilation.

Return the override! Rear and front driver visibility is marginal - several close calls with pedestrians while making left turns at a light. iPod integration not great, hard to get reasonable volume unless playing at highest levels on iPod and stereo. Stereo sound quality is otherwise fair.

My New Lexus
By june

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I like my new Lexus, and I am having a great deal of fun driving it. I don't see a great deal of difference from my old Camry, but it's nice owning and driving a luxury car.

I love the keyless entry, because I've always had major problems keeping up with car keys. I also appreciate the dual heating/cooling due to the fact that my husband and I have completely difference responses to temperature.

There should be more head room, garage control should be separated from the other controls and be more easily accessible. More interior lighting is needed, and the side molding should be standard, as in the Camry and other less expensive cars.

The Best
By casting223

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Getting real good gas mileage 26 MPG in town, 36 MPG on the highway. I have nitro in my tires and a K&N air filter. Both of these really help.

Bluetooth and the nav. system.

Add more extras.

Meets expectations
By nice car

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Compared all mid sized luxury and kept coming back to ES 350. Considered A6 also. Power and economy are surprisingly great. Really glad I got the nav.

Economy for car this size. Air cooled seats. nav package. Lowers windows from outside to cool. Keyless operation.

Big trunk, but access is restricted. Fuel economy gauge is hard to view. Rear wheels noisy in the rain.

Phenomenal Car to Like (Maybe Not Love)
By AndyA

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the most competent non-sports sedan I've ever driven. Very powerful engine (although you could eat breakfast while it selects its gear in automatic mode), great comfort, and amazing integration of electronics - GPS, climate, audio, etc. Really a beautiful vehicle. I have a big complaint, though, about the GPS system. You cannot set destinations or use many of the features while the car is in motion. This is billed as a safety feature, but it's a terrible inconvenience, especially when a passenger is sitting next to the driver. In summary, it doesn't have the soul of my 528, but it's a great compromise when looking for a classy ride with great power at a great price.

275 HP engine, electronics integration, swiveling headlights, ventilated seats.

It's a very big problem that the nav system doesn't work while the car is in motion, especially with a passenger present. It's just plain silly, and a big inconvenience. It might well cause me to buy a different car next time.