2013 Kia Optima Consumer Review: Great car...but mpg

2013 Kia Optima - Consumer Review

Great car...but mpg
By coliveri on

2013 Kia Optima LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I think this car is great. Great handling, acceleration, love the interior and bluetooth, the exterior is sharp and aggressive. BUT the gas mileage is a turn off! Im averaging 26 mpg..on the high way! Ive tried everything. Tried cruse control, driving light footed and watching the instant mpg monitor....all of that with eco mode and still nothing!!! Its becoming very frustrating because first of all this is a 4 cylinder! My old lincoln ls (v8) could get that kind of mileage. Thank god Im leasing this car. Kia stop lying about you're mpg.

Bluetooth, interior overall, sleek design on the exterior

Gas mileage....or just stop lying and post the actual mgp specs. If you say I can get 35 highway I should get somewhere close to that.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By larry134
on 09/23/13 13:02 PM (PDT)

I agree, the car is fantastic, but stop lying about the MPG. I get 20 to 22 around town, and believe me, that is with a feather touch. Highway is around 31-32.

By larry134
on 09/23/13 13:03 PM (PDT)

I agree

By jaycee70
on 04/03/16 22:16 PM (PDT)

Turn off the traction control. I have turned the traction control off on my 2013 Optima since the day I bought it because I could feel that the traction control was very sensitive. I have always achieved 29mpg in the city and 38mpg on the highway. My highway speeds are usually 68-70mph.