Used 2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport
By PrdAmrican

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned my Wrangler Sport since October of 2004. It is without exception the most fun vehicle I have ever owned. Probably the most modifiable vehicle in existence, it can be customized to meet the owners own personality. A go anywhere vehicle that looks good getting there.

4x4, small manueverable, easy to park, variety of tops (plus you can remove it completely, lots of modifications available.

More engine options. While the 4.0 6 is more than enough for adventure, a V- 8 would make towing easier.

1st Jeep
By Dave

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I wish i would have bought one 10 years ago! It`s fun to drive. Short and compact. I usually trade my vehicles in every two to three years. I have a feeling I may keep this Jeep for many years.

I like the old style look. I hope there are no plans to change it.

The transfer case could be raised. Fuel economy. Perhaps better seats. I would not make a long trip in this vehicle.

Great car
By Kevin

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this thing. Will own it til it dies. The only thing I dislike is the gas mileage. But I enjoy the vehicle thoroughly.

Convertible, ruggedness, capabilities.

They should comprimise some trunk space and put more leg room in the back seat. It's very awkward

I finally found my car
By Karl

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned a G35 Coupe, a Mitsu Eclipse, an SUV, and this takes the cake. I've never had so much fun driving a car. Driving with the top down on a sunny day, I get more looks than I ever did in my fancy sports coupe. Once again, "It's a Jeep Thing". Yea the ride's a little rough, who cares?! I plan on keeping this baby for a long time.

Hard Top/Soft top option, ease of getting soft top up/down (after some practice). Powerful A/C. Love that I have a Jeep in my yuppy neighborhood of Lexus SUVs. Driving with the top down.. and the JEEP WAVE! Extra space & better handling in Unlimited is great.

ABS should be an option on ALL models, its insane they only offer it on Sport. Keep Solar Yellow color permanently. Offer some sort of armrest on the door.

Finally
By ANOTHERJOHN

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Top down. Hair blowin'. Shirt off. Senses Tingling. "Its a Jeep Thing" Finally, I bought a Jeep Wrangler, after years of yearning for one! Only thing I can say is "I", better yet, "my family LOVES IT!" With out a doubt, this is the perfect fun car, truck, SUV, whatever, for a family of four. I'm looking forward to taking a vacation to Pismo Beach, and drive the dunes to the ocean. Anyone looking for an outside toy, this is the one to buy!

SunRider top. Comfortable ride. Great looks. Easy to shift to 4 wheel drive. Fun to drive. Did I mention SunRider top!

Power driver and passenger windows.

• SUV