2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Val misses the old style
By Val on 01/15/05 02:24 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have a 94 Wrangler and LOVE IT; won't part with it, still runs and looks great 160,000+ miles on it. I recently purchased a 2004 because everyone said the 94 was getting too old. I still drive my 94 everyday. I'm finding it hard to get use to the new style. I really miss the old interior spread out simple dash; the old style soft top and its Jeep Thunder sound (much easier to use) ; the square headlights and bounce of the leaf springs. The newer style Jeeps just don't have that rugged look and feel about them. They remind me of that junk box Geo Traker that people use to refer to as a Jeep, except for us faithful Jeep drivers. Go back to the more rugged apprearance inside and out,less yeepie.

Ultimate 4x4 from the factory!
By Kelly S. on 01/12/05 20:22 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased it new. So far I have done the usual city driving, taken it on a few highway trips and done some light off-road so far. For its size there is no vehicle that will park as easy as a Wrangler. It turns sharp and visibility is excellent. With the hard top on it is the quietest Wrangler yet on the highway. Some very minor wind noise and some whine from the knobby off-road tires, but still not bad. Off-road it is a killer! Once the axles are locked there is nothing that can stop you. The 4.0L puts out so much torque at idle it is amazing. The solid axles allow the suspension to flex and keep the tires in contact with the ground better than any other factory 4x4 I have seen!

1st Jeep
By John on 01/10/05 19:15 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Jeep. I have had it for almost a month now and have close to 1000 miles on it with no problems. I have taken it off road several times already and it has performed well on all counts. I have a stock Wrangler and it still overcomes mud and hills with ease. It is a relatively comfortable ride.

Jeep unlimited
By John on 12/30/04 21:03 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have only owned this vehicle for a few days, but have been very pleased with it's performance. It is by no means peppy, but seems to tackle California hills with ease. It guzzles gas! But that is to be expected, I knew that when I bought it so I guess that is not a valid complaint.

BEEP BEEP IN A JEEP
By Detroit mudder on 12/28/04 02:47 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I LOVE MY JEEP ME AND MY BUDDIES GO MUDDIN ALL THE TIME AND MY CHEVY LUMINA JUST WOULDN'T KEEP UP. SO I FIGURED THAT I WAS TIME TO BYE A JEEP. SO I BOUGHT A WRANGLER.

jeep review
By Garrett Lynn on 12/23/04 15:07 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The jeep wrangler is a fun to drive trail capable vehicle. It is enjoyable yet lacks in creativity and is kind of stone age in its fuel injection system along with its less than arrowdinamic look. With a little more work it has the potencial of excellence in many fields yet the biggest step needs to be in millage and not just a bigger tank either. We also need to go back to lock out hubs and the paint job was weak with many thin spots where the under coat sees through. It also needs LIMITED SLIP

My 7th Wrangler - I like 'em a lot
By mrwrangler on 12/18/04 12:07 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Can you get a better vehicle for the money? Drives through deep snow Subaru's can't. Top down in summer and 4x4 in the winter - super! I use mine to tow a small aluminum fishing boat; back it down in the lake - no problem where many other rigs get stuck. 4.0 has sweet power; 180 hp and 225lb torque early.

Great Fun Vehicle out of the Box
By Jethro1964 on 12/18/04 10:52 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have been waiting for a stretched Wrangler and here it is and I'm impressed. Drives very good and just love the 4 speed auto, the way to go in city traffic. The extra cargo area lets me carry the family and all our stuff without sacrificing comfort.

Mine
By ken on 12/11/04 07:36 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The extra room in the unlimited is great! I love the vehicle.

Unlimited Soft Top review
By JD on 12/08/04 22:06 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first Jeep. The ride is great in the Unlimited, steering is very nice, and the 4 wheel disc breaks are excellent. The Unlimited Wrangler shifts into 4X4 seamlessly. My only gripe is the gas mileage, I have average 15.5mpg the first 1000 miles. But, I didn't buy it for its gas mileage.