2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
True Trail Ready Vehicle
By ldmpam on 09/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

The only reasonable priced serious off road vehicle that can be used as is for both street and trails with out concern. It is built tough and reliable, you can get an auto transmission and airconditing with cruse control. But the basic jeep has real tough drive train that you can get factory airlockers front & rear with a heavy duty transfer case and full 7 year 70k mile warrentee for worry free off/on road uses.

Awesome Jeep Gas Mileage
By graycecile on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

My gas mileage was a little low at first but then about 6000 miles I started watching my tachometer. I decided to keep it below 2000 when driving. Since I have been doing this my mileage as gone from 16.5 to 21.9 on the highway and from 14.5 to 17.5 in the city. I think this is awesome performance from my jeep wrangler. It's not for sale and won't be until I can afford another.

Fun but unaffordable
By dnferg on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

The major problem with this vehicle is poor fuel economy.

ADD 4" Skyjacker and 33" All Terrains
By KenJeep1978 on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've got a X and at 2500 miles I added a 4" Skyjacker lift with 33" tires. I have to say I do believe that is the best compatiblity for Jeep. Gears 1 through 4 are terrific but 5th struggles at high speeds. Just recently drove cross country and hardly saw 70. But that when I remind myself its a jeep. Can also easily tow 2700 pound boat with ease.

Timeless Machine
By kepasa on 09/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

If you are looking for an all out performer in its class this is this vehichle for you! Excellent quality, decent ride quality in town & on the highway. Will go almost anywhere you point it offroad. It is an icon dating back to the original Willys.Soft top is adequate, but not that easy to put up.If your'e looking for a convertible with ease this is not it.

grand
By asal on 09/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

its the best car i have ever owned

My first Jeep
By jetmyke on 09/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I really enjoy driving the Rubicon. It performs well for my daily commute and is civilized on the road, given it's off road capabilities. Off road this machine is absolutly top notch. I have taken it through the "Gap" in the Catalina Mountains outside of Tucson, a 4+ rated trail, and it pulled right through. The Rubicon climbed through the boulders like a goat, (the lockers are great), and had plenty of power for the steep ascents on rock faces. Wound up breaking a wheel, but that happens in the rocks. I forgot to air down the tires. I did add a winch, rock sliders, tube bumpers and a K & N air filter. Over all very satsified.

2003 rubicon review
By Robert Fillion on 09/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have changed the suspension system by lifting my jeep 2 1/2 inches with a rancho lift system. The stock suspension system was a hard ride and this lift heped soften it upas well as give more clearance for off roading, my intial purpose for this ride. I have not had any major problems with any systems on this vehicle. It has been a great ride both on and off road. I have been able go places that I would not go with anything less than a 4 wheel drive with locks could go.

lemon
By rodick on 09/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

front end constantly shakes when on highway. every time you hit a bump or pot hole front end shakes viliontly. have had car in the shop twice and know body can find any thing wrong with the vehicle. at 40k shouldn't have any problems with a car that is built right.

FUN TO DRIVE....GET ONE
By BIMMER323 on 09/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first Jeep ever. It's a black, soft-top Rocky Mountain edition. Sharp looking with big wheels and tires. Great package! It has great winter capabilities and is fun in the sun. This SUV has it all! It's our family toy. My three sons love it. Having an awsome time this summer. I can't wait to use it in the winter. Should have gotten one sooner. I also drive a 2003 745Li BMW; a great car but lacks the fun,free-spirited feeling you get from a Wrangler. You don't buy for it's creature comforts. It's a JEEP.... HAVE SOME FUN!