Used 2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Hey! It's a Jeep!
By jet

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I'll be honest. You gotta want a jeep to own a jeep. This is the funnest vehicle you'll ever own. It's at home off road or at the mall. The newer jeeps ride a lot better that the older ones due to coil-over shocks in the front. Accessories galore! This is the one vehicle that you can truly personalize. My advice for jeep buying: Buy the full doors, the 6- cyl., oversized tires, and both hard and soft tops. These are all the "should-a-gots" that plague jeep buyers remorse. Mine averages 13/16 mpg on pavement and about 20mpg off- road! Jeeps are fun! Oh yeah- and insurance is CHEAP!

Favorite Features

Roll Bars, Overhead speakers, skid plates, Dana rear-end, fold up rear seat.

Suggested Improvements

Neoprene seats, factory installed winch

Jeep wrangler sport 04
By D.SORENSEN

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car so much. It's so much fun. To sell this car will be a very sad day. With the amount of driving I do I need something a little more economical. It has been the best car I have ever owned.

Favorite Features

It has all the added extras.eg. 2 front spot lights, side chrome steps, sport exhaust system, chrome nudge bar.

Suggested Improvements

No needed improvements

Good to go!
By mecinoid

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I only have bought this Jeep about a month ago but, I have owned a few Jeeps in my life. I love the improved ride, power, quietness and performance of this Wrangler Jeep. Quite an improvement over ones just a few years back imo. Parts are easy to get and the package works well for me as a towable vehicle behind my motorhome as well. If your going to buy this one at least get the limitted slip rear diff from the factory with the DANA 44 rear end. I plan on putting a cable locker up front and I'll be set for all but the worst stuff. I have already added $1500 in parts for off roading; bumpers, winch, and tow bar, and rock sliders were a must for my use. Loving it!

Favorite Features

Removable hard top and doors. Size for tight trails. Power, clearance from the factory, ruggedness, and usefulness.

Suggested Improvements

2 inch lift from factory and 33" tires plus a factory winch and towable set up for us motorhome guys. Other than that ... maybe bump the HP to 250HP or so. However, do it with improved mpg.

Outstanding
By Roger

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The Wrangler is a great vehicle that can go places one never thought a vehicle could go. Up hill, over rocks and through rivers. Very tough and dependable.

Favorite Features

4 wheel drive, towable with all 4 wheels down behind my motor home. Convertible top and hardtop.

Suggested Improvements

A V8 would be nice but the standard 6 isn't bad.

I Love this vehicle
By gimlet

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned Jeeps my whole life and people ask me why I love them so much. They complain about the ride being too rough and it eating too much fuel. To me, however, a vehicle should be practical and fun to drive and that is what I love about the Jeep Wrangler; they are awesome off-road, sporty enough to drive around town, not to mention there are myriad configurations for the roof which is awesome since I live in Hawaii. But the thing I love the most is the fact that they haven't changed all that much in the past, once again proving the old mantra "if it aint broke don't fix it."

Favorite Features

Versatility.

Suggested Improvements

Perhaps one of those built in thermometers and if you could customize it more straight off the lot.