2000 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
14 Years, 160,000 Miles and Still Love It
By mbb624 on 12/10/13 13:48 PM (PST)

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

This site is full of people complaining about their ride, so I thought I'd put the good word in on my trusty Jeep. It's the ultimate "do everything" ride. Well-behaved except with high winds, great in the snow or marginal conditions, getting to hiking trails on crap roads. I take care of my vehicles and this Jeep has paid be back with outstanding reliability. It's not the most comfortable, nor very quiet but that's not why you buy a Wrangler!

Loss of a friend
By The Surfer on 05/18/10 14:10 PM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

The Jeep gave me 8 years of great fun. Both my daughter and son learned to drive a manual on this car. Original clutch with 149,000 miles. Great summer fun vehicle wish it hadn't been totaled. I would buy another one in a second. Great fun vehicle. Nothing major in 4 years of ownership. Very easy to work on reasonable parts cost and availability. Very reliable.

It's a Jeep Thing!
By Brbnkseaj on 02/10/09 19:41 PM (PST)

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

Other than having the check engine light come on the day I drove it off the lot, my Jeep has never had to be repaired for anything that wasn't self-inflicted. I am amazed at how much abuse it can take when I go off-roading. It is very fun to drive, and easy to customize. There are downsides, though. You really need to buy aftermarket security products if you have a soft top. My original soft top made a LOT of noise on the highway and when it was windy, and it wore out after five years. But I replaced it with a sailcloth top, which was easy to install and pretty quiet when driving under 60mph. It is also tricky to drive on the highway, especially in the rain. Good tires are a must.

By Wm. Charles Smith on 01/15/09 08:25 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I have had my 2000 Jeep wrangler for two years. With less than 7000 miles I have had to have the heater switch, rear-end, and radiator repaired or replaced. I am not a happy camper with Chrysler.

most reliable & fun car
By Mario on 08/07/08 11:21 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

Bought my Jeep used about 7 years ago with 25.000 miles on it. Currently have about 110.000 miles on it and only spent about 300 usd in repairs which were minor ones. This is by far the most reliable and fun vehicle. Use it as a daily driver (about 37 miles round trip to work). Lifted it and put bigger tires on it. Obviously the noise level and comfort are not the best but hey it is a Jeep. Put Herculiner in (carpet out) and can clean the inside with a water hose. Enough space in the back for my big dog. Will keep this car forever and if necessary as a second car. Absolutely highly recommended.

Not for everyone. That's how I like it!
By GrungeRockJeeper on 05/29/08 13:25 PM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

It's slow, loud, heavy, gets horrible gas mileage and lousy on long trips. But I love this truck! After 3 CJS and 1 YJ this is my 5th Jeep. It looks great, will climb anything, pull anything, is great fun with the top and doors off and is apparently indestructible after hitting a concrete wall at 40+mph with only minimal damage then driving away!

It's a Jeep thing!
By pknps on 07/15/07 06:59 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I love driving my Jeep, and in the winter when the snow hits i have no excuse to get to work! Ill always have a jeep. I see the 2007 Jeeps are looking good. I am not sure I like their back seats being so high. But they can put families in them now. I had to wait till my kids where older to get a Jeep I could use everyday.

Love my Wrangler!
By GEB on 01/17/07 14:26 PM (PST)

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I've had my Jeep for 7 years. I've had a few minor issues with it but most were covered under warranty. I beat the crap out of my jeep; both 4 wheeling and busting through the snow. The old stock tires aren't that great but when you upgrade to BFG/AT, you'll be impressed.

2000 Jeep Wrangler
By Rob on 12/02/06 18:30 PM (PST)

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought the Jeep used from a dealer to replace my old beater. Driven all over the east coast, summer and winter. Highway speeds here in Florida can get into the 80's around Palm Beach and that is a little tough to maintain with the top down. Driven all over the Ocala National Forest, stuck mostly to the marked roads. We made one trip on a Sunday after it rained for two days, I was amazed at all the others that were out driving around in the mud, a few roads were washed out and under water, but not impassible even with the stock tires, a little nervous a few times but didn't stick it. Been to the Keys a few times, don't think I'll drive that again in the summer with the top down.

best I've ever had
By Eric on 08/11/06 18:04 PM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

This has been the best vehicle I have ever had, hands down. I had always wanted a Jeep, and finally I just went ahead and got one. After two years plus, I've never regretted it, even for a second. It's incredibly fun to drive, very reliable, versatile, and stylish. I have the solar yellow Sport model with the 5 speed transmission (definitely recommended). I've replaced the factory soft top with an aftermarket Sailcloth top from Bestop (also recommended), and during the summer I use a safari bikini top and duster. There's nothing better in the world than having a convertible in the summer that's also a go-anywhere winter vehicle. I don't think I'll ever have another vehicle again.