1999 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:
Seriously... my best friend in the world.
By SnowBray on 01/16/05 00:37 AM (PST)

1999 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

My Jeep is the first car I ever bought for over 2k. I've had it since 2001, and it has been the greatest car ever. I never want to get rid of it -- it's like family to me now. It has required little maintenance and has taken me all over the country. It's got about 82k on it, but drives and looks brand new.

jeep cherokee sport 4wd
By Fmart322 on 11/14/04 15:26 PM (PST)

1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

I'm 6'1", and wish it had more room inside the cockpit. I feel squeezed sometimes. Fuel consumption is not real good with this SUV, but then again, are any of them. Makes a great beach buggy for surf fishing. this is a great car for teens who are just getting started, low cost to maintain. Good vision all around.

Really Like It!!!
By lshlsh2 on 11/13/04 11:20 AM (PST)

1999 Jeep Cherokee SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought used and have had for a little over a year.Have put over 26k on it and had no problems. Ride is good for a truck with 2 axles. 4wd is great and have never been stuck. I-6 is strong but thirsty.One note I have added K&N filter system and have noticed a big improvment with fuel economy. Town went from 17 to 19-20mpg. Highway went from 19-20 to 22-25mpg. Might want to consider adding one to yours. Back seat is small and I have to watch my head getting in. After a local hurricane drove through about 20 inches of water no problem. No problem towing my boat. (1800lbs)

The Original SUV...Scrap The Liberty!!!
By NateW on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

In just over two years of ownership and over 100k miles, one word sums it up, RELIABLE. Engine has always averaged 19.1 mpg according to the trip computer. Not bad for a big 6 cyl. and a vehicle with the aerodynamics of a brick, but hey, it's all part of the charm!! Other than oil changes, 1 set of tires, 1 brake job, and replacing the transfer case at 171,000 miles this thing starts and goes every day without fail. It's Simple Design makes for a very dependable AND easy to maintain vehicle even for the novice mechanic.

I love it
By oregongirl on 08/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had my jeep for 3 years and have driven it across the country twice - it has never let me down. It handles great in the snow and I feel safe on the freeway. At 70,000+ I have had no major problems - will probably have to replace rear brake pads soon, had to have a belt tightened, insignificant leak in the transfer case...etc. In all I have put less than $1000 into repairs. This is a great car if you are looking for something fun, sporty and dependable.

Jeep Cherokee Sport Classic/1999
By Rtmorey on 07/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4dr SUV 4WD

An awesome vehicle! Reliable 4 wheel drive, great handling. Gas is a little ruff, but worth the price. I give the Jeep Cherokee a A+!

go any where you need to or want
By stew on 03/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4dr SUV 4WD

This SUV is ready right of the show room floor, and with just a few hundred dollers you can go any where you want no matter where it is. it is small enough to get threw the woods and big enough to go threw the deep water.

love my Jeep
By Stretch on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

I have nothing but good to say about my XJ. It is easy to maintain, fun to drive and unstoppable offroad. I only get about 15mpg city but I am also a leadfoot.

the best ever
By jasper on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

this ride is the best i have ever had!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the jeep is so reliable. it is so much like a porsh i used to have! one time i wan is a test driving it and i went through a 2ft deep mud hole and it went throgh it like it was 2in deep!!!

Still a champ in my book!
By babsj on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

My '99 Limited 4WD is still going strong @ 57K miles and I'm very happy with my purchase. No major problems, regular maintenance is easy, and the vehicle has been pretty trouble-free. I now use RXP fuel additive and get an extra 1-2 mpg and peppier performance while burning cleaner than ever! Window regulator replaced under warranty, new thermostat last year, battery, tires, 1 headlight. 1 tiny crack in leather seat which is easy to fix. No brake problems but will replace them soon per normal wear and tear. 17 mpg in city, 20 highway. Love my Jeep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!