2008 Honda Odyssey Consumer Review: Wish I had leased another Sien

2008 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Review

EX Passenger Minivan (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Wish I had leased another Sienna
By Todd on

2008 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Lease was up on my 05 Sienna, so I leased an 08 Odyssey, due to the better lease rate and better exterior styling. Wow do I miss my Sienna after 4 months. The Honda feels so cheap in every way. Fit and finish is TERRIBLE. Several paint flaws, poor fit of exterior trim, horrible fit of interior trim and interior surfaces which feel cheap and scratch ridiculously easily. Brakes are downright scary, they are so soft. Stereo is the worst I have heard since the AM in my old 66 VW. Rough ride, excessive wind noise and an amazing number of rattles round out the package. Hopefully this thing at least turns out to be reliable.

Exterior styling and comfortable seats... that's about it.

Improve build quality and fit and finish. For the money the quality should be similar to Toyota, but as it stands now, the quality is not even as good as Kia, which also has good exterior styling and a much lower price. This is the first Honda I ever purchased and also the last.