The new Honda Quality sadly
By homersodysey08 on
2008 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I have had a few significant problems. First is was the soft break pedal which was a known technical service problem "fixed" by applying silicone to the known leak. At 9K mi transmission quit. They tried to blame me. They said they could find out what I had done for $180/hour. Needed my car so 2 days later they found a loose wire connector re-connected it "under warranty". Shortly beyond the 36 mo warranty (13K mi) again a soft to the floor brake pedal. I found the original TSB for the brakes and insisted they perform that "fix"a new VSA stability module I paid $400 for the part. Now they say soft is normal but I just got a recall notice for a brake defect, they got caught 5 yrs later
Favorite Features
Hands down a finer car than my previous 97 Grand Caravan. More comfortable, better ride, great interior space, clever storage, many features standard on the EX and when the brakes worked I was very happy.
Suggested Improvements
Honda must re-engineer the brakes! When the van was new the brakes worked well and I felt very safe. Honda doesn't stand behind problems unless you fight them. Reading reviews I worry about a low mileage transmission failure which is a very common and expensive problem with minivans (my Dodge). It looks like I should look forward to a motor mount replacement. I do not believe Honda has maintained the quality control that they built their reputation on. I no longer trust Honda. I do not believe they stand behind their products. They should not be cavalier about vehicle safety. They must not test their products leaving this work and risk to the buyers.