2008 Honda Odyssey Consumer Review: The new Honda Quality sadly

2008 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Review

2008 Honda Odyssey

EX Passenger Minivan (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic)

The new Honda Quality sadly
By homersodysey08 on

2008 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had a few significant problems. First is was the soft break pedal which was a known technical service problem "fixed" by applying silicone to the known leak. At 9K mi transmission quit. They tried to blame me. They said they could find out what I had done for $180/hour. Needed my car so 2 days later they found a loose wire connector re-connected it "under warranty". Shortly beyond the 36 mo warranty (13K mi) again a soft to the floor brake pedal. I found the original TSB for the brakes and insisted they perform that "fix"a new VSA stability module I paid $400
for the part. Now they say soft is normal but I just got a recall notice for a brake defect, they got caught 5 yrs later

Hands down a finer car than my previous 97 Grand Caravan. More comfortable, better ride, great interior space, clever storage, many features standard on the EX and when the brakes worked I was very happy.

Honda must re-engineer the brakes! When the van was new the brakes worked well and I felt very safe. Honda doesn't stand behind problems unless you fight them. Reading reviews I worry about a low mileage transmission failure which is a very common and expensive problem with minivans (my Dodge). It looks like I should look forward to a motor mount replacement. I do not believe Honda has maintained the quality control that they built their reputation on. I no longer trust Honda. I do not believe they stand behind their products. They should not be cavalier about vehicle safety. They must not test their products leaving this work and risk to the buyers.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review