2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews 12

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
2008 EX-L w. DVD
By Johnohio on 04/25/08 07:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased it at a reasonable price ($2400 below invoice found in Yahoo and Edmunds, primarily because of the $2300 incentive Honda provided to dealers). Traded in my 2001 Civic. I have no doubt that this is a fabulous vehicle. Drives like Camry, even my wife who scared of driving any vehicle bigger than her Camry can handle it easily. Most amazing is the gas mileage. Before 1000 miles, it is 19.75 miles/gallon (50% highway + 50% local); After 1000 miles, it is improved to 21.75 and then 22.3.

Great minivan for a family
By Shero on 04/23/08 15:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our first minivan, and we absolutely love it!! We looked at every Crossover on the market, Sienna and Quest, and this was by far the best value for the money. Seats 8 comfortably (3 kids in the back, 1 in a car seat) and 3 adults in the 2nd row. It was a little tight for the adults, but not uncomfortable. Mileage isn't bad for the category & better than SUVs. The rear seats easily fold flat, although removing the 2nd row seats takes a little getting used to. We love the built in window shades for the kids!!

Best Minivan in its Class
By KIDDADA on 04/21/08 15:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I test drove all the minivans and Honda Odyssey was the best in its class. It drives like an Accord and handles pretty good. My wife loves this car and she can’t wait to go out of town. The dealer gave me $7000 off the MSRP which was a bargain. They’re giving out good deals and its affordable than a big SUV. You want a reliable car for a big family, Honda Odyssey is the van to buy,

2007 EX-L
By Airbum on 04/14/08 19:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great space and good highway fuel mileage. Handles well for a large van/car. Don't really like the 6 disc cd changer and would like a factory ipod adapter. Overall this van won my spouse over from the Pilot with flying colors

Nice Vehicle
By Nice Vehicle on 04/14/08 17:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove Acadia/Enclave/Outlook, Toyota Sienna, Chrysler Aspen and Chevy Tahoe. All were very nice and gas mileage better on Sienna. Deciding factor was better rebate. Family loves it and that was bottom line.

Best van ever!
By Tiffany on 04/11/08 08:03 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love the Odyssey, it's by far the best van in the market which it's proven. I love the DVD system, and I get great gas mileage. I had a great experience, I drove both Odyssey and Sienna before making my decision and I am glad I went with the Odyssey, it's interior is higher quality and better laid out. I like the standard safety and luxury features. A great ride, over all I am very very happy!

"08 Honda Odyssey
By atkins92 on 04/03/08 12:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very pleased with this vehicle. It performs excellent on the highway and in the city with nimble handling for a large van and excellent acceleration when needed. The seats in every row are very comfortable and the front heated ones are nice for the cold Canadian days in the winter/spring/fall.

Great Minivan
By shoop05 on 04/02/08 12:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Honda makes a great minivan that is powerful, comfortable, stylish and reliable. This vehicle has a very tight fit and finish, very low road noise and great creature comforts. The interior of the van has all the features that make it feel like a luxury car and the exterior is sharp looking. Overall the van outperforms it competition.

Where is the Honda Quality?
By fiend_bear on 03/31/08 01:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We thought the car was great when test driving, but after putting 1,500 miles on it, we are already looking to replace this Odyssey. Too many problems have surfaced and leave us wondering where is the Honda quality? Already serviced for steering spline noise issue and wheel alignment (neither issue corrected completely). Engine knock/ping at low rpms (premium gas does not help), front window rattle, mysterious transmission noise when shifting into drive, and one of the most uncomfortable driver's seats for long trips. This replaced a 2000 Dodge Caravan with perfect initial build quality, but unfortunately recently totaled by another car.

'08 better than '05 with some exceptions
By briann on 03/30/08 16:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just turned my '05 ody in for the '08 EX-L RES. Overall, some nice improvements (back up monitor, tighter fit/finish on dash, minor exterior tweaks). The big let-down is that the 2nd row jump seat no longer stows in the floor compartment. BAD BAD move Honda: that was incredibly useful; now, you have to either leave it in (hard to access the third row), or leave it at home or in the back compartment. Whose bright idea was that at Honda?? Still a great van.