Used 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

1st owner & 5 1/2 yrs later I am still happy!
By billybeefcake

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I picked out a 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 5 1/2 years ago with 20 miles on it. We now have just over 73,000 on the vehicle, and we are even more happy now than when we purchased the van because nothing has gone wrong. There has been several recalls such as the brakes, the transmission reprogramming, and cabin noise, but Honda was pretty good (once they acknowledged the issues) at taking care of them. With a fully loaded van (family/cargo) on a flat road I can get 27/28 mpg easily. In town she avg. 18-20 depending on how much a/c we are using. As for us we have had a good experience.

a great hauler
By zman34

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My first minivan due to kids. We left an x3 to get the van, as a left over from previous model year. Hard to beat for camping and any trip with the kids. Comfortable and peppy for a vehicle well over 4000 pounds. Leaking rear shocks at 50000 were a bit expensive. Warranty replacement of wheel bearing and piece of the steering pump. At 70000 now with no other issues. Mpg socks but you are pushing a heavy box through the wing. .. What do you expect? The variable cylinder management is a joke for Mpg improvement. With the volume of these cars sold, I am not surprised there are a few issues reported here. My mazda 3 have been bullet proof to 70,000, still made in japan. Odyssey in A

Heated seats. Stowage seats. Adjustable seats. Magic third seat. Rear camera is nice

Road noise, add subway fer - not available in 2008

Honda Marriage on the Rocks!
By Rich

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It was love at first sight, but after 26,000 mi, I'm close to filing for divorce on my 2008 Odyssey! "How do I unlove thee? Let me count the Defects!" 1. Rattles and window whistles from day one. 2. Mushy brakes: Recalled 3. Shutter and maddening erratic shifting: Re- programmed Transmission. 4. Loud Power Steering noises: Replaced plugged Power Steering Reservoir. 5. And, finally, failed Torque Converter: Replaced. I really what to love her, but she's making it awfully difficult. I guess, like some beautiful women, she's great to look at but she's nothing but trouble on the inside! I hope Honda doesn't run out of parts before the warranty expires!

Like I said, I want to lover her! She's fun to drive, very comfortable, and has a very nice interior (and exterior, for that matter). Just don't take an x-ray of her insides.

Just come up with a real transmission! Forget all the fancy anticipatory shifting stuff! If you can't make the VCM work right with the transmission, maybe you should just forget the VCM. You really have got to make a Transmission that works (longer than 26,000 mi)!

Need to discover noise
By LEONA WILLIAMS

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The van has been making a popping and clicking noise in the front took it to the dealer several times the techs can not figure the problem. Right now the problem still exist problem can't be found, car is still under warranty. I received a rental and they called me back stating that the car was fixed, when driving of in the vehicle the noise still exist can someone please give me some legal advice. Thought when I got a Honda, I thought I was getting the best now I feel like I got a piece of junk. Should have gotten a Chevy. I am very disappointed

Make better and reliable front end parts

Excellent so far
By RHB in PA

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2008 EX-L. Very good long-distance hauler, love the comfort of the Honda seating. Tiny turning radius for such a big vehicle. Handling, acceleration, ride are very good. Only complaint is the lousy original tires, Michelins that we're replacing next weekend after only 25,000 miles.