Used 2006 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Love My Van!
By Alice

2006 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love almost everything about my Van. I wish the driving lights button could stay on without beeping when I open the door. My Husband thinks the seats are not very comfortable for long trips. I thought It was extremely comfortable.

Favorite Features

My favorite thing is owning one of the best looking and safest vans around.

Suggested Improvements

I would like for the doors to lock automatically and for the running lights to always be on while driving...without the beeping

Love our Ody!
By go beavs

2006 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great van - fun to drive, very comfortable. I love the folding rear seats and extra 8th seat in the middle row. We can fit 8 people comfortably! I also love the power doors.

Suggested Improvements

Adjustable arm rests on front seats.

Honda Odyssey is excellent minivan
By Mom of 3

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I researched and test drove every minivan on the market including the kia, Hyundai, dodge and toyota. I also spoke with many minivan owners. The features that were most important to me were the flexibility to configure the seats different ways because I have 3 small children in car seats. I also wanted a minivan that was somewhat luxurious as I was not thrilled about the necessity of buying a minivan. I am so pleased with the Honda. It is easy to drive, easy to maneuver the seats and I love it! We have made family trips and it has been great.

Favorite Features

Magic middle seat, telescoping middle seats, sliding doors, Nav system with XM radio, back up camera and I love having leather seats.

Suggested Improvements

I wish they offered auto lift gate, memory seats for different positions on the EXL and my husband wishes the auto dimming mirror was standard.

Seniors on the Go!
By Russ

2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We travel to our condo in Marco Island. After two years stuffed into our normal car we opted for minivan comfort, plus room for all items we carry on trips. Plus 3 couples can ride comfortably when going to dinner, the beach or bingo!! So move over for the Q-Tip crowd. Minivans are not just for the young !!!!

Favorite Features

I have no sense of direction so the Navigation system is my favorite system. The SunRoof give the interior a light airy ambiance.

Suggested Improvements

The exterior could use a little jazzing up !!

Almost perfect
By JB

2006 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The drive is vantastic if you're not driving over choppy roads. Then the ride gets very noisy. I'm starting to think the Pax tires have something to do with this. Otherwise when riding on smooth surfaces it's equivalent to riding a Lexus or Mercedes sedan. Driver side sliding door had to be adjusted twice because of a noise it would make when taking off from a stop position. Sliding doors rattle a lot on choppy roads, more than I would expect for a vehicle costing 40K. Again may be the Pax tires. My decision to buy the Odyssey over Town & Country was the traction on wet roads. Test drove both on rainy days and Odyssey performed great, where the T&C was spinning it's wheels big time.

Favorite Features

Entertainment system with removable remote control, XM radio, Tri-climate zone, adjustable peddles, parking sensors, Lazy Susan storage, power lift gate, heated seats, auto on headlights, bright display, no need for spare tire or jack, built in shades, power moon roof, cup holders galore.

Suggested Improvements

Refine the ride on choppy roads. Even though I have VCM, mileage could be better.