Used 2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Odyssey

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Great Vehicle!
By amirjones78

2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best vehicle I've owned. It's also one of the most comfortable vehicles I've ever driven. The ride is very comfortable and quiet. Handling is excellent. I always feel in complete control in any type of weather in my Odyssey. Contrary to some of the reviews I'm seeing for this year of Odyssey; I don't really have problems with it. The only problem I had was a power steering reservoir that needed to be replaced ($125ish). At one point there was an odd vibration between 25 and 30 mph. Many people replaced the transmission or torque converter with no success. I just had the transmission fluid changed (scheduled maintenance) with Mobile 1 full synthetic. Problem solved!

Favorite Features

Soft leather Comfortable seats Great acceleration Stability control, traction control Bright gauges Nice speakers Homelink Excellent build quality Handling Dual power outlets in front Lazy susan storage and other storage spaces Seating configuration Dual zone climate control Window shades

Suggested Improvements

There should be a button in the back of the vehicle that opens and closes the power sliding doors instead of having to pull the handle to activate them. For a vehicle at this price point and with so many features, I'm not sure how there isn't automatic headlights or HID lights.

Great minivan
By jd1isa2

2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this van about 4 years ago as a CPO. It has been a great family car for us. No problems really except for the expected wear and tear of certain parts (nothing unusual). This van is very comfortable especially on long drives. The Econo feature is great when you are cruising. Captains chair provide adequate support. Have decent leg room even for the 3rd row seat. I'm 6 foot tall and surprising able to fit adequately in the third row without difficulty. Highly recommended vehicle

Keeps on Ticking
By glaffin

2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

While not exciting, this vehicle has given us dependable, efficient service for 5 years. Adequate power, comfortable ride and cavernous interior for lugging "stuff". Great for our two large dogs who travel with us. Highly recommended.

Favorite Features

Efficient, comfortable interior, more than enough power, trouble free operation.

Suggested Improvements

Make the middle row of seats fold into floor.

An incredible experience with ownership
By Charles Rosenbaum

2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The 2005 Honda odyssey is the very best vehicle that I have ever owned. The ride is unparalleled along with the many safety features. The fuel economy with this vehicle continues to go well beyond my expectations. I have had absolutely trouble free driving. Never a problem with my vehicle.

Favorite Features

favorite features are: cruise control,fuel saver (eco light), sound system, radio cd and volume controls on steering wheel. moon roof climate control air conditioning and heat, and heated seats for cold climate.

Suggested Improvements

Paragon Honda service and my 2005 odyssey appear to be perfect in every respect.Therefore, no improvement is necessary.

Great Van
By Jim

2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First Honda ever purchased. Best vehicle ever owned. Over 100,000 miles and never been back to dealer for any problem. Still has original brake pads. Will buy another one.