Used 2008 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews - 132 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

One of the best Hondas I've owned
By Wilson Webb

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

If you use 100% Synthetic Oil, this car will love you. At 182k miles, my Mechanic says the engine is good for another 130k miles. Because it has variable valve timing, torque and rapid acceleration is great through all speed ranges, including the 5th gear where acceleration is so good, I don't need to downshift to fly. Handling is superb as I can take curves at amazing speeds without too much lean. All of my Hondas have been good, but this one is the best. I've only encountered 1 repair so far - the Alternator.

First car and I still love it!
By Civic Driver

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is so low maintenance and still runs like the day I bought it! So practical and still a cute car. I love it.

210,000 miles
By D

2008 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

210,000 miles and still going strong, BUT mileage is down to 39 mpg and I have to keep replacing the rear tires do to a recall of the rear control arms years ago. The Honda tire warranty is horrible. I would not buy another one!!

Happy Owner
By Donna

2008 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am all about economy and reliability. This car has both. I like that it is easy to park. It can gain speed quickly on the interstate. I feel that the car is substantially build. The cloth on the seats has held up very well and looks almost new. I have taken my car to the dealer for all recommended maintenance and have been very satisfied. I feel that my money was well spent when I purchased this vehicle. At 105,00 miles I have only routine maintenance. I have had no mechanical problems. The interior has held up well. I continue to be very satisfied with Civic.

2008 Civic Coupe LX
By kmat1

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned this car for five years now and there are a few complaints. Just like others have stated, the driver's side visor is broken. I've also seen this defect in other 2008 civic coupes. The rear tires are cupped. This happened within a year of owning the car with only 30,000 miles on it. Two years ago, the automatic locks started to work intermittently. Most of the time I have to manually unlock the doors, and reach over to unlock passenger side. The dashboard is digital and the gas gauge works sometimes, but most of the time it's flickering on and off. The A/C works intermittently. When it's very hot outside, it's guaranteed not to work. Lastly, car vibrates in reverse & park.