Used 2008 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

210,000 miles
By D

2008 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

210,000 miles and still going strong, BUT mileage is down to 39 mpg and I have to keep replacing the rear tires do to a recall of the rear control arms years ago. The Honda tire warranty is horrible. I would not buy another one!!

Happy Owner
By Donna

2008 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am all about economy and reliability. This car has both. I like that it is easy to park. It can gain speed quickly on the interstate. I feel that the car is substantially build. The cloth on the seats has held up very well and looks almost new. I have taken my car to the dealer for all recommended maintenance and have been very satisfied. I feel that my money was well spent when I purchased this vehicle.

2008 Civic Coupe LX
By kmat1

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned this car for five years now and there are a few complaints. Just like others have stated, the driver's side visor is broken. I've also seen this defect in other 2008 civic coupes. The rear tires are cupped. This happened within a year of owning the car with only 30,000 miles on it. Two years ago, the automatic locks started to work intermittently. Most of the time I have to manually unlock the doors, and reach over to unlock passenger side. The dashboard is digital and the gas gauge works sometimes, but most of the time it's flickering on and off. The A/C works intermittently. When it's very hot outside, it's guaranteed not to work. Lastly, car vibrates in reverse & park.

Expensive 2008 Civic
By civic08owner

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I found my 2008 Honda Civic to be more expensive to maintain than my 2000 Chrysler Sebring. Here are the part replacements that needed to be done on my Civic in between 60-80k miles: 1. Driver's side sun visor 2. Main upper engine mount 3. Ventilation fan motor 4. Middle brake light At 84k miles, there is another rattle/grumble from the engine when idling. I suspect it may be the lower engine mount. Also, I average 25-27 mpg during winter months and 29-30 mpg during summer months, with mixed back road and highway driving. My Sebring only needed wheel bearings and tie rod ends to be replaced. I'm not impressed with Honda quality.

Only minor issues
By donjames150

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car in December of 2008, it now has 75,000 miles 5 years later. The only "repair" has been to add 2 strong clips to fix the broken sun visor hinges that melt in the southern sun here in NC. And the paint job is of poor quality, but still good enough after 5 years. I had to have the AC charged this year. And brakes after 60k miles. Normal maintenance really. The passenger side front electric window motor is wearing out but still working. The factory tires were loud and hard riding. Do yourself a favor (and this goes for any car), buy the best tires you can afford. I like Goodyear ComforTred. They are quiet and give a softer ride, worth the extra money. Drives like new.

Handles great, pretty comfortable (took it several times from Raleigh to Orlando), good radio/cd player/mp3 player, I get 40mpg on the highway, very reliable.

Better paint job, fix sun visors, high-end factory tires. The volume of sales would offset the investment. People do research cars before buying.

• SUV