Used 1996 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Starts Everytime
By OvchkinLine

1996 Honda Accord Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

I've had this car in my family going on 14 years now, bought it brand new in 96. She's going on 300,000KM by this spring, she's seen summers in 99 and the worst of Canadian winters in 01-02. I've done my best to baby her (oil changes every 5000Km, routine maintenance and a few new cheap Honda parts here and there). She's quicker then most cars on the road, drives incredible and cheap on gas. What more can you ask for in a car.

Speed, gas mileage, and reliability. Just knowing that in Canada's minus 35 degree snow storms she starts up warms and runs like a champ.

design, interior

She is Getting Old - Still Going Strong!
By Rachel

1996 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Honda Accord new in March 1996. She has been a great car and currently has 137,600 miles. Besides regular maintenance, I had to change the master cylinder at 115K miles, CV joints/boots at 125K miles, and the distributor at 137K miles. I have had a total of $800 (parts and labor) in repairs. I highly recommend Honda Accords as this is my second Accord. I sold my first Accord with 196K miles (which was still running fine when I sold it).

I really (really) like the body style. Gas mileage is good. I average 27 mpg (mixed city/highway).

Road noise is louder than I like, but I have been dealing with it for 13.5 years.

Honda Accord Reveiw
By Mohammad Ali

1996 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

My dad got this car in 1996 and this car has really proven itself. It is truly amazing and we have over 130,000 miles on it but it still runs like a dream. And it also keep it's retail value! This car is truly amazing!

I'm not sure which one of the many features are my favorite.

no improvements are needed.

Great Car
By Sayinala

1996 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I have bought from a private party, using for 5 years. I never had an issue. Runs great, love this model.

ABS, 6 CD changer, built-in Car Phone, Spacious, Moon/Sun sliding roof

Solid car, check the brakes!!
By Gregg

1996 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

These cars are all they are cracked up to be. Starts everytime. Change the oil and the engine will run 300,000+ miles. Do not be fooled into thinking you won't spend a dime on maintenence! Things do break like every other car. CV shafts, ball joints, brake rotors, etc. Which by the way, before buying this car (94-97 Accords) get the front rotors checked!! If they are bad (pulsation in the steering wheel) knock $400 right off the price of the car. Or ask that they be replaced before purchasing!

30+ MPG. Solid reliabilty.

They have already fixed it, but the ability change the rotors without removing the suspension.

• SUV