1996 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Original Owner
By cheeseybrie on 07/05/11 09:27 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

Grandpa bought this car off the lot, and did all routine maintainence at home. Lived at 8,000ft and saw winters of below 0F. Lives with me in summer heat of 120F+ and with 208k miles on it now, still doing all maintaining at home shop. The only problem is a failed transmission just two weeks ago. Such a great car, super reliable, has been across the country and back and on many long road trips, up mountain roads, through the woods, through rivers (literally). treated this car like a truck. NEVER broke down for any reason until now, and worth the money to rebuild the tranny. Would recommend this car to anyone. Just treat her right and she'll do the same

Starts Everytime
By OvchkinLine on 02/14/09 06:18 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

I've had this car in my family going on 14 years now, bought it brand new in 96. She's going on 300,000KM by this spring, she's seen summers in 99 and the worst of Canadian winters in 01-02. I've done my best to baby her (oil changes every 5000Km, routine maintenance and a few new cheap Honda parts here and there). She's quicker then most cars on the road, drives incredible and cheap on gas. What more can you ask for in a car.

problem with low beams
By Sang on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Accord Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

alright i got this babe roughtly 2 months already... the only problem i have now is the low beams... I don't understand why when i turn on the low beam. Only 1 beam on even both of them not death, but when the engine running both of them only on when the daytime running lights is on.. otherwise if daytime running is not on.... only 1 beam on... sometime both on sometime not... Can anybody explain this???

CollegeGuy review
By absolute78 on 03/12/02 12:21 PM (PST)

1996 Honda Accord Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

What a great car! It looks great, the V6 is a blast to drive, and with 70K miles on mine, it still feels, looks, and drives like it's 6 months old!