Used 2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Great Car and Great Value!
By Maude

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The Ford 500 provides a wonderful driving experience -- with no nonsense, no hassle performance and agility. It's surprisingly comfortable, is peppy and is just the right size. The roomy interior as well as the trunk space is a surprise and a delight. Forget what the reviewers say about the exterior styling. If may not be "flashy" but it made a splash with me (and my wallet!).

BIG trunk; great visibility; love those big, solid windshield wipers! LOL. Side, front and curtain airbags are a big big "plus." Unbeatable PRICE, pound for pound.

New owner's impression
By The Wizard

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

As of this writing, I have only owned this car for a few weeks. We looked at Lexus ES300 (used), Impala, Chrysler 300, Acura TL (used), and a few others. Many of these where fine cars. However, we felt that we got the most value for the money with the Five Hundred. This car has loads of space, is very comfortable, has excellent safety ratings, decent styling, and good mileage. On top of that, the dealership was very decent to work with. My wife and I are happy customers.

Dual climate controls (excellent design). Space for people and cargo. Price. Message center.

- A little effort on the external styling to make this car look a bit more interesting (it looks like a lot of other cars). Keep the class, add some spice. - The radio on-off button should be flush (like the rest of the control panel) with a little fingertip dish-out to adjust the column.

First New Car....GOOD CHOICE!
By ihorlacher

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I wasn't even looking at the Ford Five Hundred when I was shopping for a new car. Roomy, stylish, good gas mileage, are all good things that I can think of at the moment! For my first new car, and a total GM owner, I was impressed. Test drove it and bought it the same day. Total ego boost as one other person put it. Everyone has been impressed with my choice.

Very roomy, stylish, and comfortable to drive. All the controls and features are within reach and for the amount of driving that I do, it's excellent.

Bigger engine, surprised that the 3.0 Duratec was the only choice for this model. Road noise is not bad, but my '99 Intrigue was quieter. Quieter turn signals and daytime lights should be standard.

Great Car, Great Value
By angelC

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I wanted to treat this car with kid gloves. However driving in the DFW metroplex in rush hour traffic doesn't allow for such. She's handled everything with grace, style, speed, and accurate performance. The additional driving height gives me a much better view of traffic in front of me even if it's a tall vehicle such as an SUV or pickup. The steering wheel mounted controls were 2nd nature after just a couple of hours. Unlike some of the competitive vehicles I can easily see out the rear window for going in reverse. The A/C system cools down the car fast and keeps it cool. Corners great. Accelerates smoothly. Comfortable seats front and back. Conveniently located cup holders. Love everything.

Huge trunk. Interior room. Seat height. Wheel mounted controls. Digital display. Analog clock. Safety features & rating. Leather interior. Comfy seats. Moonroof. Chrome & faux wood. MP3 player. HomeLink. Access keypad. Alarm. Night illumination. Dash storage. Memory settings. 60/40 fold backseat.

No dealer decals allowed. Only dealer plate frames. Glove box could be bigger. Locking glove box and fuel tank. Can always use better fuel efficiency. Back windows that go all the way down. Daytime running lights.

By Family Man

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SE Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is a follow up report from 6/11/05. Just got back from sunny California. The trip from WA was a joy. We pulled 28 mpg and a low of 18 in stop and go (the 405 in LA stinks) with the A/C on most of the time. I had the window tinted in LA (35%) and that made the comfort in side even better. My teen age kid had no problem with some of the I5 drive back. This is a nice family car. The car now has 4500 miles on it.

Inside and trunk room. The 6 speed tranny is sweet. Good MPG for a small tank.

I would like to feel about 40 hp, but I would not give up the MPG.

• SUV