Used 2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Most Helpful|
A winner in the 500
By Ward

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 27th automobile. I have had at least one from each of the Big 3 and many imports from either side of the ponds. This car is the best, hands down that I have ever owned. My gas mileage is a welcome surprise in recent times. 28 mpg average after 14,000 miles is no small feat for a large car.

Suggested Improvements

Only problem area that I have found to be a design issue is the rock chipping on the lower forward edge of the rear wheel wells and the bubble on the dashboard glove box lid.

Best Choice I ever made.
By alspall

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SEL AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I am 6'2" and tried to look for a comfortable car. I was not disappointed. Plenty of leg, head, and shoulder room. Two kids are not crunched up in the rear. Plenty of trunk room. Very low level of outside noise. Very relaxed drive. No problems of any kind. Looks good, feels good. Gas mileage is good 19.5 city, 28 highway.

Favorite Features

Large interior. Easy console access.

Suggested Improvements

Larger engine.

Replacement vehicle
By ajw79097

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Before purchasing this vehicle, we owned an '01 Mercury Sable LS Premium sedan. My Sable was a great car and had all the amenities for someone new the owning a sedan. My Sable was starting to act its age (it had 107,000 miles on it at trade-in), so it was time to find a suitable replacement. We bought the 500 used, but it definitely didn't look to be used. The previous owner this vehicle very well and it seems practically new. Even though I've only had it less than a week, and I do miss my Sable, this is a more than suitable replacement. It offers plenty of room for all us (I have a toddler with a large car seat), handles well and is just a great overall car.

Favorite Features

Dual climate control, power moonroof, memeory seats, contorls on the steering wheel, large trunk.

Suggested Improvements

None

It's a great car
By Tim

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SE Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I go though a lot of cars with my job. This is my first Ford since 1979 and I really like this car. Now I'm driving 220 miles a day and it is very comfortable. I have 135,000 miles on it. Never had to do anything to it, expect tires, oil,brakes. No belts or spark plugs ever changed. These car were built on the volvo chassis. I don't buy into people saying it is under powered. I have the speeding tickets to prove them wrong. It will 90 to 100 mph all day long and still get 27 mpg.

Suggested Improvements

Change the name back to Five Hundred

Showing Its Age
By brendan

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan Limited AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Now that this car has almost 50k miles on it, I'm hearing rattles and clunks on all but the smoothest roads. When I drive through parking lots, the car bucks a bit. There are large paint chips where there shouldn't be. I even think my gas mileage is suffering (never mind the mpg rating for this car is generous to begin with). A shame it's turning out this way, because when I bought it I felt I was driving a car worth twice what I paid.

Favorite Features

Comfortable interior, great control in bad weather, perfect for highway commutes.

Suggested Improvements

Doesn't matter now, does it? Check out the new Taurus.