2009 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:
Lemon Amongst Apples
By Gayle on 07/30/10 20:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the Edge after owning a Tahoe, what a difference in gas mileage. I like the SUV but I got a lemon. I have talked to multiple Edge owners and none have had my problems.This truck has major problems with the brakes I have brought it in multiple times to have them looked at for excessive pulsing in the brakes and it is still pulsing worst than ever. There is also a major smell in the cabin of oil burning. I brought the SUV in for that also but was told it was a bag in the manifold, that was 2 years ago and the smell still comes and goes. Well I guess its a good thing I leased the SUV. I know many Edges owners and they love it. Fr me I couldn't buy another one due to the experience I had.

Best purchase I've ever made
By Andrew on 11/20/09 12:50 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This Edge is a great vehicle. The SYNC system is a great safety feature. I was involved in an accident when a person turned left right in front of me and I was on the phone with 911 in less than 5 seconds. Highway MPG has been excellent for a vehicle of it's size at 24-25 mpg at 70-75 mph. In town I average 18-19 mpg. The quality of the interior is outstanding. The leather is plush, the heated seats excellent, and the air conditioning is strong. Plenty of power, smooth shifting, comfortable seating and great view. Only negative is it's hard to judge how wide it is when entering our garage, I've had a few near misses with the mirrors.

Think I made a mistake
By tkruse on 08/30/09 22:37 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had to replace a Jeep Grand Cherokee in a hurry and did not want another jeep. I think I made a mistake. Vehicle looks good and a has a smooth quiet ride, but the build and material quality is seems very cheap. The rear outer door handle feel like they could break off in your hand. Hard plastic throughout. probably wont keep for long.

Poor city MPG 14 or less
By Bob69 on 08/23/09 20:30 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am unhappy with the MPG in city driving. I struggle to get 14 MPG. Hwy driving at 70 MPH is great, over 25 MPG. My wife feels the passenger side seat does not slide back far enough to allow good leg room and it is hard for her to buckle the seat belt because the insert for the buckle is down to low. Other than that we enjoy the car.

Should have bought the Pilot
By Paul M on 08/17/09 11:54 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I made the mistake of going for the best deal not the best automobile. My choice came down to Pilot or Edge and to save a few bucks went with the Edge. I am kicking myself now. Pilot was quieter, smoother, and had better quality materials especially interior. Can't believe I didn't notice only way to stop cruise is by braking. Edge looks nicer but quality wise doesn't compare.

Poor MPG in Town
By R. Laing on 07/21/09 06:26 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am pleased with most things about this SUV. It gets over 25 MPG on the Hwy with average speed of 70 MPH, but in town I am very disappointed. In normal city driving it gets 13 to 14 MPG.

Love My Ford Edge
By Ken In Texas on 03/27/09 12:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I went from a Lincoln Mark-LT to the Ford Edge and so far I am very happy with my choice. People have commented that it looks like a Lexus and I think it rides like one too. I really like SYNC and all of it's associated features. It is roomy on the inside and is easy to maneuver. The turning radius is great. I also like the automatic liftgate. I have not had it on the highway yet but am averaging 18 MPG in the city. I expect to get around 25 on the highway. It has a lot of zip to it. I think Ford finally has a crossover SUV that can compete with Honda and Toyota brands.

2009 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cy
By Big Daddy on 03/23/09 13:57 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After months of car shopping and test driving the competition I handed my leased Escape back and drove home new Front Wheel Drive Edge Limited. Black with charcoal interior, vista roof, sync and chrome 18" wheels. Gotta say right now that the front wheel drive gets the mpg up there on the highway using cruise control. I read the book cover to cover and went out to set all my electronics and preferences. Filled it up, got on the parkway, pressed the reset button for the MPG function and took a 2 hour drive. Set the cruise control to 63mph and kicked back to some music. I got it up to 26 miles per gallon by the time I got back. Rpm,s were steady at 1600 for 63 mph so there's the reason.

Great SUV
By Quaid007 on 01/25/09 16:58 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the Ford Edge based on looks, the Sync system, and Ford's recently emerging reputation for quality. So far I am very satisfied with the entire car as a whole. The drive is smooth and quiet with good acceleration when needed. The body styling is attractive in a timeless way. It looks masculine and beefy, unlike the CRV or the Vue, and it doesn't have any over-exaggerated curves that might make it dated in a few years, like the Murano. The interior is roomy, comfortable, and stylish (despite what some professional reviews say). The best part is the Sync system and touch- screen display--it makes the car fun to drive. Ford included all the right options for the price.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Edge Suv in VA is:

$123 per month*