Used 2009 Ford Edge Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Edge - Consumer Reviews

2009 Ford Edge SUV

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Lemon Amongst Apples
By Gayle

2009 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the Edge after owning a Tahoe, what a difference in gas mileage. I like the SUV but I got a lemon. I have talked to multiple Edge owners and none have had my problems.This truck has major problems with the brakes I have brought it in multiple times to have them looked at for excessive pulsing in the brakes and it is still pulsing worst than ever. There is also a major smell in the cabin of oil burning. I brought the SUV in for that also but was told it was a bag in the manifold, that was 2 years ago and the smell still comes and goes. Well I guess its a good thing I leased the SUV. I know many Edges owners and they love it. Fr me I couldn't buy another one due to the experience I had.

Favorite Features

Gas Mileage, handling,Comfort, Interior Room

Suggested Improvements

Brakes, Smell of oil, warranty length (no faith in there product)

Best purchase I've ever made
By Andrew

2009 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This Edge is a great vehicle. The SYNC system is a great safety feature. I was involved in an accident when a person turned left right in front of me and I was on the phone with 911 in less than 5 seconds. Highway MPG has been excellent for a vehicle of it's size at 24-25 mpg at 70-75 mph. In town I average 18-19 mpg. The quality of the interior is outstanding. The leather is plush, the heated seats excellent, and the air conditioning is strong. Plenty of power, smooth shifting, comfortable seating and great view. Only negative is it's hard to judge how wide it is when entering our garage, I've had a few near misses with the mirrors.

Favorite Features

SYNC, Leather Quality, Steering Wheel Controls, Power Liftgate!

Suggested Improvements

Glare on the windshield is annoying on sunny days but is easily fixed with polarized sunglasses.

Think I made a mistake
By tkruse

2009 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had to replace a Jeep Grand Cherokee in a hurry and did not want another jeep. I think I made a mistake. Vehicle looks good and a has a smooth quiet ride, but the build and material quality is seems very cheap. The rear outer door handle feel like they could break off in your hand. Hard plastic throughout. probably wont keep for long.

Favorite Features

Looks good and has smooth quiet ride

Suggested Improvements

Cheap materials and poor build quality instrument cluster is small and hard to read Brakes are soft and slow to react

Poor city MPG 14 or less
By Bob69

2009 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am unhappy with the MPG in city driving. I struggle to get 14 MPG. Hwy driving at 70 MPH is great, over 25 MPG. My wife feels the passenger side seat does not slide back far enough to allow good leg room and it is hard for her to buckle the seat belt because the insert for the buckle is down to low. Other than that we enjoy the car.

Favorite Features

Digital dash

Suggested Improvements

Improve city fuel economy.

Should have bought the Pilot
By Paul M

2009 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I made the mistake of going for the best deal not the best automobile. My choice came down to Pilot or Edge and to save a few bucks went with the Edge. I am kicking myself now. Pilot was quieter, smoother, and had better quality materials especially interior. Can't believe I didn't notice only way to stop cruise is by braking. Edge looks nicer but quality wise doesn't compare.

Favorite Features

Panoramic roof, exterior look

Suggested Improvements

Use better quality materials