Best American Car I've Ever Owned
By Whaler21 on
2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)
I'm not one for american cars. Honda and Toyota are the quality I expect. So spending 45K on this car was a huge gamble for me. If Toyota or Honda made a real supercar then there would be no Vette in my garage. But I have to say, without a doubt this is one of the best cars in America today. Built with quality and not one problem so far. Very happy with the performance, 26+MPG on the highway and the fit and finish that will match anything from Japan. The 08 is much more than the 07 model. Hold out for a 08, you will be glad you did. Excellent ride and performance for the money. Much nicer dash layout than any other year Vette. I'm just so happy the fit and finish is as nice as it is. Also, Chevy is finally after all these years making the dash layout worth looking at. Seeing the same dash components in the Vette as the Chevette is one reason I waited so long to get one. Much better dash/interior than the previous years. Go and get one.
Favorite Features
6 speed manual is fun. Dual mode exhaust is a must have. Z51 is a must have. Are the rest of the bells and whistles worth the cost? Not to me. I stayed with the L1 package. Best bang for the buck.