2008 Cadillac Escalade - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escalade model:
THE GOOD, THE BAD, THE UGLY
By irvdaddynyc on 12/01/13 16:27 PM (PST)

2008 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

THE GOOD ... Looks of the Escalade are second to none (eye catcher) ..... Powerful 6.2 motor (love the sound when I turn it on) THE BAD ... Horrible fuel mileage (barely 11mpg), plastic door handles (c'mon really??), Rear windows go down half way (sucks for rear passengers), Rear passengers are always hitting their feet exiting (seat adjustment needed), 3rd row seating ever worse (passengers knees hit their chest) THE UGLY ... Plastic (fake) wood grain interior panels are quick to get scratched and LOOKS horrible!! Overall I like my Escalade, just wished I purchased an ESV instead. Full rear doors(windows roll ALL the way down) 3rdrow seating has more leg room plus you have cargo space

Best Used SUV I Have Ever Owned
By bigpoppa74 on 12/05/12 14:16 PM (PST)

2008 Cadillac Escalade Platinum Edition 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2008 Escalade Platinum with just under 60k miles. Searched high and low for the most loaded and low mileage one I could find. I have now driven it nearly 20k miles, mostly back and forth from California to Arizona, and I absolutely love this truck. Its a dream to drive. True Cadillac luxury. Have not had one, single issue with it. Dealer even threw in 3 year 36k mile extended warranty as they were so confident in its reliability. In the past 6 years I have owned a Hummer H2, Yukon XL and a standard Yukon, and this Escalade is my pride and joy over those other vehicles. I would highly recommend the Escalade to anyone in the market for a used SUV.

After 4 yrs of ownership, I still love my Escalade
By rydan93 on 05/26/11 08:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac Escalade Platinum Edition 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my 2008 Escalade brand new. After 4 yrs I still love this vehicle. It is super comfy and I have had no issues with it other than a few nit picky cosmetic replacements. The engine and computer system have never given me any trouble. I would have expected a vehicle of this price range to come with blue tooth, but they did finally add it on the 2009. My favorite thing about this truck is the engine! I love that loud roar of my 6.2 liter when I crank it up. The 22" wheels aren't to bad either! I have always felt safe driving it and long trips are easy.

DO NOT BUY
By ihateescalades on 03/17/11 19:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac Escalade Platinum Edition 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I love the look and feel of my cadillac escalade esv..however it is an $80,000 car that is 3 years ols and ha been in the shop monthly since 3 months after purchase.....i have replaced an alternator 9 door locks 6 door handles and an o2 sensor, $986.00 in battery cables (that did not fix the problem) cruise control hasnt worked in 5 months, heated steering wheel went out a year ago ($900.00) to fix it..rear defrost has been serviced 4 times... i was told i should have bought an extended warranty...y would an $80,000 car need an extended warranty....i wouldnt sell this car to my enemy! and wait til u have to do general maintenance on it...$1500.00 easy! im told this is all normal!

Best Ride Ever!
By BDC on 07/19/10 13:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I just recently purchased my 2008 ESV Black and Chrome escalade. I would never thought about purchasing a Cadillac Truck or any vehicle from Cadillac. Once I saw the exterior and the interior I was a more than a little impressed however, once I took a test drive I was sold! This is one of the if not the smoothest drives you will ever have. The way it shift gears and accelerate in speed is so smooth it is sweet! Everyone that sees my truck like it and everyone who test drives it love it. It is really a dream truck! (Just keep the warranty for annoying little repairs).

Looks aren't everything
By cbloomers on 05/09/10 11:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Brought an 08 escalade drives OK not to clever around corners, and auto box has problems keeping up with engine sometimes. Build quality was the down fall and the reason I got rid of it, went for a LR3 Land rover instead much nicer to drive

Great SUV with a few quirks!
By z costello on 03/19/10 20:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I really do like my Escalade. However I am thankful it is still under warranty. I have had it in for several small but annoying reasons. Not sure why but the armrests become loose all the time. I had to get the center caps fixed do to squeaking issue. The radio/cd player will shut off every now and again for no apparent reason and the door latch became disconnected so you couldn't open the rear door from the inside. No, the child lock feature was not engaged. All problems were fixed but I only had 8000 miles on it when all this happened. The armrest issue seems to be the only problem that seems to not get handled. Other than that it's a great looking truck with tons of power. Would buy again

Love the Escalade!
By Escalade loover on 10/27/09 14:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Bought the Escalade used, but feels like new. Finest vehicle we've ever owned; style matters. The Sequoia is ugly and so we took a chance on Cadillac and have not been disappoointed.

Best SUV out there
By frank s on 11/12/08 20:29 PM (PST)

2008 Cadillac Escalade Platinum Edition 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I also own a 2007 Range Rover HSE with luxury package, and it's a great truck, but Escalade platinum is unbelievable. Everything is covered in soft great smelling leather, including dash and doors and entire seats. Power is spot on and most of all ride has better control and smoothness than regular Escalade and Range Rover because of magna ride. Same suspension as Ferrari 599 and Chevy Corvette ZR1 and new Caddy CTS-V . Must drive on highway. It's an absolute dream. Let's buy American again, because GM is finaly making a perfect car and America's future is in our hands to keep American companies alive for a better future.

2008 cadillac escalade 4WD
By doug delano on 10/24/08 08:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Not sure where to begin, this is my 2nd slade and the best. GM does need to give this monster motor multi-displacement and possibly engine off at idle, but appreciate its ability to run on mid grade nicely and regular in a pinch with no problems. 3rd seat layout is a joke and it went in my mini storage the 2nd day. Exhaust note at idle and low rpm is absolutely beautiful! And at freeway speeds muffler tech. makes the hearty growl disappear (Huh, how'd they do that ?) I've got 6600 miles on this brute and oil life is still projected at 38% left. Pretty cool with factory oil, and it hasn't used a drop.So much more to praise; ride/sound/build/comfort/Power/etc qualities. Platinum model next

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.