Used 2005 Volvo XC90 Consumer Reviews - 210 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Volvo XC90

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:

Awesome vehicle
By KIKI

2005 Volvo XC90 2.5T Fwd 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I am a 65 year old grandmother and feel really good driving my grandchildren around in this safe vehicle. This is the 6th volvo my immediate family has owned. We love them and "drive them until the wheels fall off." Before this 2005 xc90 my last volvo was a 1997 960. It was awesome too.

My 3 year old granddaughter loves the entertainment package with dvd player. Especially like having the two screens behind each front seat. I like the whole vehicle and don't have just one favorite feature. The latch system is wonderful for the carseats though.

Larger console between front seats

No doubt about it....
By Hope

2005 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

this is the best car I have ever had. the safety features are phenomenal, it is reliable, plus extremely comfortable and nice looking.

My favorite feature is the split-back hatch. I can load my groceries in, drive home, open the top portion of the hatch and not have things fall out of the cargo space all over my feet! It is the perfect height.

another volvo
By 2ndVolvo

2005 Volvo XC90 V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I drive 1995 Volvo 850, and my wife had 2003 Honda Pilot SUV. Right away after we test drove 2.5T XC90 I decided to trade-in the honda SUV ( which started to show degradation in suspension and interior quality after only 2.5 years). I test drove 2.5T again and felt that 5- cylinder engine did not have enough power. T6 were not available anymore, so I got V8 2005 year model. We are very happy w/ the vehicle so far (~1300 miles in 2 weeks). As others said, it drives and feels more like a sedan, not your typical SUV-there is very minimal body roll, great acceleration and braking, no nose-dive forward as you brake,suspension very comfortable and you don't feel any bumps/potholes, except major ones

solid built quality (so far), all controls are easy to reach-good ergonomics, excellent sound system (Pilot had "premium",but terrible sound), manual gear-tronic tranny

can't think of any yet

Volvo XC90, Happy Customer
By El Paso, TX

2005 Volvo XC90 2.5T Fwd 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

At first I hesitated before pulling the trigger, now I am glad I did. The kids like the rear DVD player (the wireless headphones are awesome, love the surrond sound system) and the moon roof. It rides like a car not an SUV. I have purchased two Jeep Grand Cheerokes in the past I am glad I made the switch to Volvo. The headlamps exceed my expectations. I feel safe knowing that my wife and kids are protected. Great SUV.

rear back-up system, moon roof, entertainment package, geartronic shift, tailgate, saftey features, 3rd row seats for kids friends, great looking, leather seats and a blast to drive

gas mileage, blind spots rear visibility, cup holder cover is hard to open and close, a place to store sunglasses

2005 XC 90 V8
By mf3681

2005 Volvo XC90 V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Great initial quality. The V8 is a strong performer with decent in town fuel economy. The vehicle is still in break-in and I expect mileage to improve.

V8 and 6-speed auto. Great interior layout. Plenty of room.

Addition of a diesel engine option.