Used 2003 Volvo XC90 Consumer Reviews

Used XC90 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...32

Pros
Cons
3.5 out of 5 stars

really disappointed

oliver986, 06/17/2004
T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

love the looks, but could not be more disappointed with volvo and the vehicle. vehicle died on me 3 times, including a road trip, and other than a dealer in florida i took the car to on vacation, the dealers were not very helpful. i know 1 other xc90 t6 owner who has had the same computer ignition problem, so i'm not the only one. i wrote a letter to the ceo of volvo, who, in my owner information, said to contact him with any concerns. i have never heard back from anyone at volvo on my problems. nor did i ever hear from anyone to confirm my car was working after several roadside assistance calls. not the kind of upscale experience i expected. so i trade

2.88 out of 5 stars

Leaky Volvo XC-90

MammaDean, 10/17/2005
T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

We recently had a series of problems and are very unhappy with both the local dealer and Volvo Customer Service. We had the car towed in 3 times for electrical problems before they found the problem and at the same time it was leaking. We had seen leaking around the sun roof but the car was flooding into the passenger floor - which was blamed on the sunroof drain. Again, we took it in 3 times - were accused of parking it outside! and even dumping a bucket of water in it. We paid over $1500 dollars to clean up the mess and Volvo refused to cover it under warranty. Our car was either dead or in the shop for 42 days out of the past 2 months. I will sell it and NEVER buy another Volvo

4.5 out of 5 stars

Bad Stereo

xc90owner, 04/03/2003
T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I purchased a loaded XC90 T6, W/NAV, 12 speaker premium stereo and 3rd row. THE STEREO IS FLAT OUT - FLAT. There is absolutely no bass (except for a bit from the door speakers. I was told that the optional subwoofer is not a possible option with a 3rd row. After spending $48,000, it is very disappointing.

5 out of 5 stars

Best SUV

Wizardatruestar, 11/14/2002
2.5T Fwd 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is the best and safest SUV ever built. The safety features simply blow away the competition with innovative, state-of-the-art engineering. This vehical definatly raised the bar in the luxury SUV market. Now...try to get one!

4.88 out of 5 stars

Great Test Drive

M3M, 01/06/2003
2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Test Drive...Very comfortable. I'm 6'3 and my wife is 5'1; we were both comfortable. It rides extremely smoothly and shifts gears well. The geartronic trans didn't shift quite so smoothly, but still useful and fun. The 5 cyl (5 speed) had better pick-up than the 6 cyl (4 speed).

12345...32