Used 2010 Volvo XC60 Consumer Reviews - 101 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:

Fun, Safe, and Enjoyable
By VOLVO XC60 3.2 AWD

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Overall, this car is fantastic. It is fun to drive. It handles more like a car than an SUV. Tight turning radius. The city safety feature as standard demonstrates Volvo's dedication to safety. The ride is smooth and handles well on the road in all conditions. The only problem is the gas mileage. Fuel economy is great on long open roads (at times I was getting in near 30 mpg), while city driving I get close to 10. This disparity is my only problem with the vehicle. I had an idea of this going in, which is why I am happy with my selection. Volvo did great with this car.

Navigation on steering wheel (takes adjusting but is really nice), the driving experience

fuel efficiency

XC60 T6 Review
By Paul

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Compared; MB, BMW, Audi and Volvo. Owned MB, Lexus and Volvos (9th Volvo). Volvo best equipped for $$. Took delivery in Sweden. Excellent trip. 2500 miles on odo and mpg is running; 20 city, 22.5 combo and 24 highway. Turbo tip: taking it easy on the pedal will return decent mpg. T6 engine is smooth and the 6 speed trans shifts extremely well. The best riding and handling Volvo, for me, and of course the seats should be used as a industry standard for comfort and function. Did not purchase the nav system as Garmin is much easier to operate. I looked at the T6 R package but couldn't justify the extra $$ for what is included. The dealership calls to ensure I am happy. Bullet proof so far.

Seats, seats, seats. PCC. BLIS. Bluetooth. Bi-xenon tracking headlights. Sat radio. Sunroof. Exterior is easy on the eye.

Add ambient and door sill lighting as standard.

Best Buy!
By wmead3

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased our XC60 a month ago, and it's been great. Driving is incredible, and comfort level is awesome. I may have to buy another Volvo because my wife doesn't give me permission to drive this one much. Great job Volvo!

Personal Car Communicator, BLIS, and Xenon headlamps were a great investment.

Gas mileage is my only complaint. Hoping for the diesel or plug-in hybrid if possible.

Smooth operator
By Slobo Todorovic

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Car (AWD 3.2L) rides extremely smoothly and feels great in city and highway driving. Even though Volvo is known for making comfortable cars, this model has probably best combination of suspension, tires and seats. It is extremely comfortable and quiet. Base engine has enough power and it is fun to drive in snow and in mountains. Base sound system and blue tooth are excellent. We did not get model with factory- installed navigation system but any aftermarket system can be nicely mounted on dash. We enjoy this car very much after owning it for 6 months (8 k miles)and would recommend it. It has nicer exterior lines than any other Volvo and is very comfortable for whole family.

comfortable seats, panoramic skylight, blue tooth, stereo sound, power gate opener

Hybrid version of this model would be very attractive. We get about 18 mpg in city and 24 mpg on hwy.

BLIS and More
By XC

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Six trips to repair BLIS - the last to have new software downloaded and was told it was fixed. It was on in my driveway...it was on in an empty parking lot while I was in Park. Still not fixed. Just had the rack and pinion steering replaced. Did I mention the car has less than 10,000 miles on it, is 4 months old and I bought it with 4500 dealer miles on it? Volvo just offered me a new replacement vehicle, but I want out completely and have lemon law arbitration in about a week. The vehicle is a bust and so is the dealership.