Used 2009 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 222 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Oil today and gone tomorrow!
By Tonya Stafford

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had oil consumption issues since about year one. I have owned it 8 years and have complained continually about the oil consumption issues. It uses a quart by 1300 miles after an oil change and another quart at 1100 more. I have driven it until it wouldn't crank only to discover there was no visible oil on the dip stick. I had the oil consumption test and qualified, waited almost a year on a waiting list to find out by accident that it was not documented correctly. I recently qualified again and am now waiting for the necessary parts which could take some time to come in. Seriously, my engine might be shot by then. Not sure I'll buy another Toyota, after all, this is the same car that caused me to almost crash as my gas peddle got stuck and drove me through main street at about 65 mph! Toyota should be better than this. Other than those two major problems, the car has been pretty good. My husband's Toyota Tundra is 14 years old and has 200,000 miles with no problems yet and we bought it new. Toyota might have slipped on quality where it mattered during the years my car was made.

I traded this car in September of 2016. Toyota had still not managed to get the parts to fix my car's oil consumption problems. It had a sticky dash that was on recall and I was just less than 200 down on the list to get it fixed. It had 123,000 miles on it. I just could not deal with the issues anymore. I did not replace it with a Toyota.

Oil Consumption Problems are in my 2009 Toyota Cam
By walterfisher

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Oil consumption problem is in my 2009 toyota camry.

having issues
By Chris badertscher

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought a 2009 toyota camry LE with 76000 miles. After owning it for only a couple weeks I've had it stall out on me as I slowed down for a stop light. Also the other day as I was driving the brake light randomly showed up. Anybody else having issues with their camry of around the same year stalling out?

Toyota's for life!!!
By Abe

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just 2 word's ...Sweet car!!!

The BEST and most RELIABLE car
By Lisa C.

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2009 Camry brand new and have never had an issue with it. I have over 175,000 miles driven so far. There were 2 very minor recalls on it. I had them both checked and fixed by the dealer at no charge. It was a floor mat and power door switch. Besides my car still looking practically brand new on the inside and outside, it still runs like new and is the most affordable car I have ever had to maintain. It drives nice and smooth. I will say that the seats are comfortable enough. I wish they had more lumbar support. Overall, this is the best vehicle I have ever owned. I have owned 3 other cars and a few trucks. Different makes and models. I will only be buying Toyota from now on.