Used 2009 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 224 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Blind Spots
By buddy40

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My first Toyota. Bought it new and so far the only problem that I find is it has quite a few blind spots. I think back up sensors would be a nice feature.

mileage,comfort, driveability

Rear back up sensors.

Replaced Honda Accord EXL
By Greg

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Honda V-6 got 27 mpg, 30 on I-5. Getting 25 on 4 cyl Camry w/80 less HP. It is gutless, but expected it to be, as we were trying to be more environ conscious. Interior is cheap- feel like I am driving an older Impala! Recently car started "surging" on the highway at 60-65 mph. Took to local dealer who refused to examine vehicle w/o me paying for fuel exam! Toyota's official line on surges are "floor mats." I was astonished and will never buy another Toyota, although we have had many, beginning with Corona, Cressida, Camry and Corolla before this Toyota. Overall it is very boring, seats uncomfortable, gets lousy gas mileage; is full of cheap plastic everywhere. We plan to sell it asap!

Exterior rear and sides are designed nicely. Came with 17 inch wheels. Is fairly quiet. Has a large trunk and lots of interior space.

Improve fit and finish, lose cheap plastic between front seats. Paint has orange peeling finish. Logo on front has to go.

Wish I kept my Acura
By Harry L

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I previously owned an Acura TL, but was disappointed in the new body style. I bought the Camry strictly because I loved the looks better than the new Acura TL. Well what a mistake that was. Even though this car has excellent acceleration, the cheap plastic parts inside are terrible quality causing squeaks and rattles everywhere.

The exterior looks. Black is the best color! The JBL stereo rocks. Handling is great.

Quality improvement is needed. BIG time!!

Year 1 Review... Not that satisfied
By Byron K

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my car for 1 year this month. During the first year the dealer replaced my shocks because they were going bad. I was told this is happening to cars in cold areas. My car makes various noises depending on the time of year. I hear a squeak/crackling noise coming from the radio in the winter/fall, but not when it's warm. The car actually makes noises like a house settling. The radio periodically goes from Auxiliary to the FM radio for no reason. I have driven Chevy's and Ford's that seem to be built better than this car. Now I will either trade it in and lose the 1 year of payments put into it or keep it and hope the engine proves to be as reliable as everyone else thinks.

Exterior, features for the money, gas mileage.

Quality of interior, random noises at various times of the year.

Smooth & Powerful-Wish I bought an SE
By Paul3637

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

At 36 mpg real world highway mpg, this rivals or exceeds the underpowered 2.4L I4 or the hybrid. At 12,500 miles and 18 months I brought my car to the dealer for its third oil change yesterday - have had zero defects, zero repairs. zero oil consumption... but dealer confirmed that like all pre April 2008 build 3.5L V6 Toyotas it has a rubber vvti oil line that can rupture resulting in engine failure. No TSB or recall yet - dealer acknowledged problem but wants $250 to fix with new metal line. Bidgestone 16" tires were about over half worn at 8K miles so replaced the el cheapo tires & hubcaps with 215/55/17 SE style alloys & Michelins which improved handling. Seats are very comfortable. In retrospect, I would pay the extra $1200 for the SE package for nicer interior and 17" alloy wheels.

Smooth powerful drivetrain, great fuel economy, quiet ride with almost no wind or road noise. Great value - paid less for my 09 LEV6 than I paid for my 1997 LEV6 - in part because options like ignition interlock and power seats are now standard - and when gas was $4/gallon I got $3K off sticker.

1) 17 inch wheels should be standard 2) Eliminate cheap Bridgestone tires 3) Dashboard is fine but the rest of the dishwater grey interior looks like it was designed to look cheap.