2018 Toyota C-HR SUV Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Toyota C-HR SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-HR model:

Sporty small car
By Rob

2018 Toyota C-HR SUV XLE Premium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Safety equipment is great.Insurance company likes all the safety featers, less cost than the last lease car.

Hot-would totally buy if 0-60 wasnt 11 seconds!
By Looking for new car

2018 Toyota C-HR SUV XLE Premium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is one of the hottest looking cars for the money I've ever seen - original & love it! Perfect size for just me & occasional friends & bike/big item for the house, etc. so I have cargo space but still like the single person I am vs I have 3 kids at home. Classy in a sporty way vs stuffy sedan. I can handle not having the latest features some other cars have for such a unique car for the price, but I just can't handle how gutless it is & gas mileage should be better. If 0 to 60 time, passing time, & gas mileage (& all other specs not too far off) was as good as the camry & honda accord for around the same price, I would definitely buy this.

Red ROCKET!
By Stewart Atwood

2018 Toyota C-HR SUV XLE Premium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I was looking at all of the subcompact SUVs in it's class, and kept coming back to the C-hr. The styling was so difference from the others and I was stunned at how different the car looked from all sides. The appearance seemed to change as I walked around the car. I decided to take it for a test drive and I was HOOKED! This car has such a great "race like" suspension and incredibly nimble handling. It isn't a power house of an engine, but it gets up and goes, especially at freeway speeds..it is a little rocket! It fits me like a glove and I am 6'2" in height. I originally was looking for a commuter car, since my truck was costing me too much in fuel, but found a car that is sporty, reliable, a blast to drive, and clearly out-paces the competition. Regardless of what some of the reviews are stating, some of which are clearly biased, or those conducting the ratings lack any real talent, this is a great car for anyone looking for great fuel economy and an exciting ride.

Nameless
By Denise

2018 Toyota C-HR SUV XLE Premium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

It doesn’t have built in Sirius or nav. You have to use your phone which eats data and batteries. It’s annoying but the car is so fantastic! I was looking at a RAV4 when I glanced over and it was love at first sight. Fun to drive, responsive steering and the safety features are seamless. Good job Toyota! Now, give it a sporty name!

1000 miles in.
By DJC

2018 Toyota C-HR SUV XLE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This car is the perfect size for our family of 3, a good alternative to an SUV. The space and cargo area is great for the vast majority of our purposes. We were sold on the handling and ride quality. We drive a lot on very curvy roads and highways that are in bad shape and were surprised at how stable the car feels. Love the adaptive cruise control as standard equipment. The car is slow to excelerate from a stop, but once it’s up to speed there’s no issue passing. Bluetooth doesn’t synch quickly with my phone, so that’s the one annoying thing. There’s a lag before it plays through the speakers. The backup camera in the rearview mirror is a bit odd, but I’ve never had a camera before, so I do find it very useful. I love the look and would choose it again.