Used 2010 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews - 122 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota 4Runner

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Awesome
By darb1brad

2010 Toyota 4Runner Trail 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had a 2003 4Runner Limited V8 that I totaled in June '10. Wasn't really interested in another 4Runner at first. 4th Gen was too cramped on the interior, always felt too narrow in the driver's seat, but it was admittedly a GREAT truck. Had my mind changed because: 1) NO injuries in the wreck to me or my daughter; and 2) It was 7 years old with 115k miles, and I got 60% of my original purchase price from insurance when it was totaled. New 4Runner, here I come! The Trail is AWESOME. Feels bigger in the interior. Styling is much more masculine than the 4th Gen. Figured out how to turn off economy mode, and throttle response/shift pattern is MUCH better.

Styling, interior and especially exterior. Love the off- road controls - can't get this kind of gear unless you go up to a Range Rover. This was a great purchase.

SO FAR, the V6 has been enough - though I do miss the V8 from the 4th Gen on occasion. Would really love to have the Tundra V8 in this thing, but I'll live! I agree that the Trail really needs some running boards - it's high - though IMHO should be some tubular boards powder coated in black!

Love it!
By blacksmithdog

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We had two (basically) two passenger vehicles (a Wrangler and a Mini). Granted, they could carry 4 people in a pinch, but not for any long period of time. We opted to sell the Wrangler. We wanted a 4WD SUV. We couldn't find anything we liked made in the USA, so we broadened our search. The reviews on the 4runner tended to be good so we went and test drove one, and decided to buy one. the dealer didn't have what we wanted in stock, but they looked around and found one that had about the options we wanted, so we agreed to buy it. We picked it up about a week to 10 days later and really love it.

Performance, room, handling, gas mileage (so far about 19.5 city), stereo, and comfort are all great.

They should either put a better tire on to begin with, or give you a choice. The stock Bridgestone highway tires aren't much off road.

4-runner
By mike

2010 Toyota 4Runner Trail 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Nice sized 4-wheeler with Toyota reliability. Excellent turning radius with good steering feel. Would be nice if the 5.7 v-8 from the Tundra was an option- could use a little more torque going up steep hills. Seems like the Bean Counters took over the final design of the latest 4-runner.

Auto up/down windows, locking rear differential,size,resale value,power seats, off-roading ability

Interior fuel door release (like the old model had), assist grab handles for the driver/rear passengers,real off road tires and k.d.s.s. standard for the trail model,rear hatch is heavy and needs power assist, make cargo tray an option,get rid of the non- functional boy racer hood scoop,v-8 option

Better Than Reported
By Bob Conklin

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Forget about the sour rating by C.R. This is a great vehicle so far for the month we've owned it. Nice, quiet ride, good handling, peppy V6, good mileage at 19 overall. Smooth shifting trans. Huge cargo area. High quality leather pkg. option adds luxury.

Comfortable front seating. Good upgraded sound system. Quiet engine.

Provide more functional, wider running boards as Toyota option. Add 6 speed trans.

Great SUV
By locopilot

2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 08Pathfinder for this 4Runner. I purchased it back in January, and waited until almost 10000 miles before i gave a review. I personally like the exterior, and interior look. Engine is not as powerful as my 08 pathfinder, but I am getting 23 mpg on highway. you have to press the gas pedal hard to get a great acceleration when passing. The truck feels very comfortable, the ride is very smooth, and i enjoy driving it everyday. At first it was hard to get in the truck without running board, but I already got used to it.

sound system should be better for a 35K truck. My pathfinder cost less, and had Bose sound system.