Used 1996 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Sedan Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Eighty-Eight for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Awesome first Car

mancheskia, 11/29/2011

This was my first car that I owned when I got my license. Gas mileage was great 28 mpg hwy with a V6 and about 16 city for a 1996 I would consider that very good especially since car these day aren't getting much better mileage if they are at all better in the same class. Car was very comfortable and reliability wasn't much of an issue until I had about 200,000 miles on the car.

Love this car

brminder, 03/31/2002

Bought it with 112000 miles on it, doesn't burn any oil, gets about 30 on the highway, 22-25 in town, lots of power, quiet, smooth ride. It's just a great car.

Fun to drive.

Dave, 04/11/2006

The Olds Eighty-eight is a great highway car! It is very stable at high speeds, has good acceleration, is comfortable, and has acceptable gas mileage considering the horsepower. Like all sporty cars, this is not the most maintenance-free I've owned. That is not to say it left me stranded on the side of the road, it just needed attention periodically; lots of little things quit working properly. Overall a good second car, and a great family vacation car.

Long live the 88

jks, 06/08/2006

I bought this car with 160,000 miles on it, it now has 190,000 and is still going strong. It leaks a little oil but burns none. I have never have to add any between oil changes (3,000mi.). It is very quick for a big car with a V6 engnie. It has a very comfortable ride. Its body roll is a bit much in a hard corner but then it's not a sports car. It has been very reliable.

Too Soon Gone but Not Forgotten

Edward L. Kowalski, 06/17/2002

I like the car, used it mostly for work as a salesman. Didn't have a lot of problems over the years. I'd buy another if they were still being made. Probably should have purchased a new one prior to it's phase out but could not justify selling a perfectly good automobile.

96 Olds LSS

e sample, 06/23/2002

Great car, comfort,performance, economy, style

Initial Impressions

Fred B, 01/19/2004

Just purchased with under 55k on the odometer. Love that LSS supercharged motor! Handles fine for the barge that it is. Comfortable, tons of room front and back, has leather and sunroof, CD, etc....but I'm still wishing for heated seats and a CD CHANGER. I've heard GM made one that's compatible with the single CD/cassette/AM-FM stereo, guess I'll look on Ebay for one!

Rate

Joe S, 04/10/2005

Great car.Vey rialable.I feel very safly driving this car.

Uncomfortable Seats

GARY, 11/23/2006

Overall this is a great car, but it has terrible seats in the front. My car's driver side seat tilt is stuck with a bad motor. It is also a little hard to steer when parking. Other than that, this car has a good ride and gets good gas millage.

51050