Used 2008 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews - 164 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Versa

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

versa
By versucks

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my versa new and actually liked my versa for the first 20,000 miles. Then my CD player stopped working, and was replaced, but now at 2 yrs the a/c compressor is fried, but no longer under warranty. I bought this car to save $ on repairs. I had a great car for 16 years until it became costly, so this is shocking to have to shell out nearly 2 grand for a car that's practically new.

The windows that allow me to cool off since the a/c is out.

increase the warranty to 75,000

Major flaw
By hogheavenfarm

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Gas mileage 33 as advertised, tank is small though, requiring frequent refills. Defroster barely adequate in cold weather, road noise a big problem with windows down. Biggest problem is that is gets blown around the road in the wind. Anything over 35 mph and you need two hands on the wheel, especially when a truck passes. Won't buy this car again, and road tests should include wind tests for this problem.

Good on gas, roomy inside, a/c works well.

Road noise, wind handling MUST be fixed. Redesign of the defroster would help too.

My 1st Car = AMAZING
By andyMB

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I love how the car is smooth for the most part. Slower acceleration than some cars, then again it isn't a sports car nor is the road a race track! It keeps up with fast highway traffic -140 max and on the one way roads it is small enough to squeeze on the side when passing other cars as opposed to most cars. Engine can be a bit noisy at times, but it is def. not loud when driving at high speeds like a lot of other cars, including luxury cars, like those buzzing sounds. In all fairness to this car, which I read a lot of minor or just plain stupid comments about, the car is an amazing one for the price, performance, and overall quality! (*It also depends on the driver and how s/he drives & car).

Having paid $11,000ish for car & $14,000 otd, great deal. I have a 2008 1.8S 4 dr. sedan black exterior & beige interior cloth w/ cruise/radio/cd/ac/heater, lights inside glove box/middle of car/automatic driver window/electronic control the rest/up to 36+ mpg hwy (depends on driver/car). Versa>Yaris>Cobalt

Minor things, doesn't matter. I would like more mpg, but it's great enough. 60/40 split seats/auxiliary to be on my model/mirror on drivers side. Make the engine less noisy when at idle w/ ac on. That's about it, pretty minor eh?

Perfect for 47,000 then problems
By byers

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Car really performs great in the hills. Fun to drive and good ride for a compact. Gas mileage in hot weather is 34 mpg. No problems at all until 45,000 miles, then the fuel pressure regulator started leaking and resulted in hard starting. Now at 48,000 miles the ABS warning light is on and I have been told the repair could be over $2,000. The ABS option was only a fraction of that. Makes you wonder what may come next. Drove my last 2 LeSabres and Silverado for a total of 275,000miles with no failures.

The CVT transmission, gas mileage and roominess is what sold me on this vehicle. The CVT really is great in the hills.

More reliable components. Could probably use just a little higher gearing to improve gas mileage.

Awesome!
By Jdrv291

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This is by far the most fun I have had driving a car.. I don't understand people saying it gets bad gas mileage.. i am averaging 26ish around the city I don't know about the highway but I bet its better. The only issue I don't think is great is the gas pedal is a little shaky at 2800+ rpm's but it's a 4cyl so what do you expect? I'll take the gas mileage all day over a little vibration! and it's got cruise so it's great!

6 speed, quiet, smooth acceleration!

more low end torque