Used 2007 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews - 111 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Murano

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Great Car, OK price
By guy

2007 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I get just over 20 mpg which I think is very good for this size car. I have had no problems with it through 32K miles. I got in one accident with it (I was rear ended at highway speeds), and it was very sturdy. I barely felt the impact. So for safety, this car gets an A+ in my book. The acceleration is fairly good for this segment. It feels lighter than it is when accelerating and passing on the highway. The interior is extremely comfortable and have been on several 6+ hour trips without stopping. The interior is also very quiet on the highway which is a very big plus. I think the price is a bit high, but it slots in under an Acura MDX which has a nicer dash appearance.

comfortable seats, good stereo, acceleration, very roomy, good design, reliability, safety, the cvt is very nice.

I would spruce up the dash a bit. Add some wood grain and pad the door sill a bit for an elbow rest on the door.

After Two Years....
By Drew

2007 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I must admit I have been pleasantly surprised by Nissan's build quality and reliability. This was my first Nissan and I can say with some confidence that I would purchase another at this point. The gas mileage has been averaging around 21, with city getting around 18 and highway about 23. The AWD comes in handy for Tahoe trips and the cargo space is plenty for most hauls. The only thing that I just never liked is the CVT. I can’t get used to the way it feels when pressing on the gas. Other than that, the sucker is fast for a SUV. And it handles surprisingly well and is very comfy on long trips. Wear and tear has been minimal.

The heated seats, quiet and smooth at highway speed, gas mileage not that bad for a SUV, massive cargo capacity, XM radio, quick and corners well.

CVT. Paint could be better too.

"Doesn't get no respect"
By Carloskid

2007 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my second Murano. I love it. I just drove 900 miles form S.C to Long Island, NY and got just about 25 mpg. I always get about 22/23 around home on our flat roads. I can get two fullsize bikes in the back of my Murano with the seats folded. No rack needed. I just use mover's blankets for protection.

Very comfortable seats. Good gas mileage.

More front cubbyholes

Outstanding vehicle!
By T Gibson

2007 Nissan Murano S 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've owned my Murano for about nine months and have minimal complaints! It is the S AWD version and don't have all the bells, but performance is unbeatable in it's class. I see a lot of people say they don't get gas mileage, but I get a solid 28 to 29 mpg on the hwy doing 60 to 65 mph. It will decline significantly from 65 to 80 as with any vehicle. Average 18 to 20 mpg in town. Rides very solid but not uncomfortable. Never had a maintenance issue with it. Would recommend it to anyone! By the way, I'm pretty sure all models back seats recline by pulling the tabs where the seat meets the back. I know mine does and I have a pretty basic model.

The AWD, handling, acceleration, styling.

Should have had an aux channel for iPod, somewhat limited rear view

Last of the 2007s
By JC Higgins

2007 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Neither my wife or myself liked the 2009 for interior space or ergonomics so we bought a new 2007 loaded SL in Merlot with chrome wheels. Love it. Roomy because they resisted putting three rows of seats in. At low speeds the trans seems to drag the car down rather than freewheel like it does at high speeds. Mileage adequate at this point but switching to Mobil one synthetic seems to be good for two MPG in these cars so I'll switch after break in. The Bose is mediocre but then, I'm an audio snob. No other complaints. My wife prefers my car to her 2000 RX 300.Get compliments on the car's beauty. Good road handling with touring suspension. We like it.

Navigation. Camera. Leather. storage under rear mat. Touring suspension. Great looks and quality feel. Constantly get compliments on the car's style, beauty and build quality.

The Bose audio is only adequate. Bose offers mediocre performance backed by massive marketing. Weird how the trans seems to drag the car down at low speeds which it doesn't at higher speeds. Cup holders are small and awkward. The whole center console doesn't seem to work well for me.