Used 2016 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Hard to find fault in a Mercedes!
By Steven Polaski

2016 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C 300 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

I haven't been happier in anything I have purchased prior to the C300. It's exactly what you would expect out of a luxury car, making the driving experience effortless aided by Rain Sensing Wipers, a quiet and comfortable ride, and brisk acceleration. The front seats are the best I've ever sat in and the I get compliments on the Burmester sound system whenever anybody rides with me. Blind Spot Assist is a must have and I will never have another car without it or the standard Collision Prevention Assist Plus. Navigation system is very reliable and works well. The controls take a few weeks to master but prove simple with the shortcut buttons, though I never use the touchpad. I have zero reservations with this vehicle and am 100% satisfied in my purchase.

Best Luxury Car YET!
By Realtor1984

2016 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C 300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

I have owned almost every luxury car that comes to mind.. Lincoln, Lexus,Cadillac, all except BMW (test drove multiple times) the Merc just has got it going on! I am a fast paced Realtor and I drive ALOT, if you want a car that is comfortable, reliable, looks great and is soooo very user friendly then this is the car for you!! Luxury, Sporty, so comfortable and so fun to drive, voice Navigation is a life saver :)

16000 miles of fun
By Bimmerland

Had mine built from the factory on May 2015. With 16000 miles on it I have 70% tread life and 80% brake pad life. Not one issue since new. Been on some of the roughest roads in PA and NY and it tracks like an arrow. Not one software glitch. I've read some very negative reviews and either they got a used car or wasn't taking proper care. These cars will last a lifetime if properly taken care of. To keep a comfortable ride I stayed with the 17" wheels knowing I would be using run flats. Many hours of fun ahead.

Still Love It!!
By Nidal

2016 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C 300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

This car is fun to drive, plenty pep, gives me an average of 27 mpg in mixed driving. The ride is good on smooth surfaces, gets choppy on rough surfaces. Bottom line, I'm very pleased with my decision to purchase the C300 sedan

Happy every time I drive it
By Russell

2016 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C 300 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

A perfect balance — favors luxury / comfort, but handles well. I keep discovering touches that are just done right, additional conveniences. "Exceeds expectations" as HR would say. My last car was a Lexus GS430. This is almost as quick but much better mileage, more luxurious inside and of course more modern gadgets. Of course I always want faster acceleration *and* better mileage; the C300 is a great balance and competitive with other modern cars. I got the Airmatic and love the controlled but compliant ride — the adjustment from comfort to sport is noticeable but not huge; can't say how it compares to the steel suspension. Distronic is fabulous — would never again buy a car without this feature. Lane Keeping Assist is a far cry from "auto steer" (it's called "assist" for a reason). But in stop-and-go traffic these two systems work together and follow the car in front almost perfectly, hugely reducing the stress level of those situations. I wanted something smaller than the GS but with the same room for me (6'5", 175 lbs), and the C300 delivers. The seats and driving positions are great (no sunroof — didn't want to give up that extra inch of headroom). I test drove against current GS, BMW 3 and 4, and Infiniti Q50. The C300 was the hands-down winner for me, and I have no complaints. Buying was also painless — I configured a build here at Edmunds, emailed the result and "True Market Value" to MB San Jose (now part of Auto Nation), and they ordered it for me. No hassles, everything done as promised. My biggest reservations were based on having owned an SLK 250 — which was a super fun top-down cruiser but had a lot of drawbacks as daily transportation — seat comfort for long trips, highway noise, turbo lag + low seat / long hood / quick steering made it hard to drive on narrow roads with confidence. The C300 has none of these problems: more predictable handling, better seating position for both winding roads and interstate cruising, almost no turbo lag (which together with the excellent transmission programming means I never miss the traditional shift lever or need the shift paddles — they're a nice toy). And more refined COMAND. I keep finding details: the fact that the trunk hinges have their own pockets so they don't crush cargo. And the folding box that stows under the trunk floor. Etc. I love this car. I've owned Audi, Volvo, Ford SHO, MB, and Lexus and was pretty happy with all of them, but this is by far my favorite car.