2016 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Wish it had more practical options.
By Wish they did

2016 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

The overall interior experience is great, for the two people in the front seats. The people in the rear are left with nothing better than the backseat of a Toyota carolla. I really wish that for the extra money you pay for a Mercedes compared to other German auto makers, you could get better optional features for the rear seats, such as heated rear seats or maybe even three zone climate control. The Bmw 3 series offers the option of heated rear seats, and Audi A4 offers both heated rear seats and three zone climate control. I don't know what's taking Mercedes so long to get with the program. The other crazy thing is, all of these options are available on the c class in Europe! I think that it would be beneficial for Mercedes to add these options to the c class AS WELL AS THE E CLASS. The e class has this same exact issue. It would be nice if Mercedes added these, especially for people who live in places where it gets cold.

Glad I witched.
By robin prager

2016 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

This is a much different C300 than previous years. Total luxury!

Very Poor Value
By Jake MeHoff

2016 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

First, I will say this car looks pretty nice, and handles well, but that's about it. The seats are hard as rocks, and extremely uncomfortable on a long trips, regardless of the adjustments. The floorboard appears to go down at an angle, so I couldn't even get my feet in a comfortable driving position. Access is very poor, with the seating very low, and with trying to wedge between the steering wheel and the B-Pillar. The controls are horrible. Instead of knobs, there are very small levers for everything, and they are all the same size. Why would a "sync" button be the same size as the blower control?! I set my favorite radio stations, but haven't figured out how to get back to my list of favorites for the last 6 months. When I try to change stations, it seems to jump back and forth between satellite radio and FM. The "advanced electronics" try to tell me to rest when I am not tired, and beep at me when there is nothing in the road. At 6,000 miles, I was left stranded when my serpentine belt jumped off, and the car overheated. I found out that run-flat tires can't be repaired, so a nail cost me $420 for a new tire at the dealership. I had a 2014.5 Toyota Camry prior to this, for 38,000 miles before my wife totalled it, and would gladly take another. It was inexpensive, comfortable, easy to operate, and it NEVER needed repairs. Not to mention it was much roomier. I will be very happy to end my lease of this C-Class.

My Grandfather's Car with Gadgets
By Tom

2016 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

First the exterior and ride is beautiful; it rides like my 2012 E-Class and its only a C. Hats off to MB they did that right. However, the interior layout is very disappointing. First, the gear shift is now on the column like my grandfather's 55 Chevy. The gear shifter is flimsy and clumsy to use. I much prefer the floor gear shift which makes the car feel sporty. Next the E-Brace M System is clumsy and cumbersome to use. Everything, I mean everything is in the E-Brace from climate control, to maps, to the radio is in there. The screen is about 2x the size of 2012 E Class. It mounted on the dash as if some one mounted in a big screen TV in their basement wall. The center console looks barren, and with the E-Brace mounted between the seats and the TV set just hanging out there, the elegance of a luxury car is gone. In my opinion, its not attractive at all. I have owned 4 Mercedes, and its does not look like I will be buying my 5th. I was planning on looking at a CLS but most likely I will hang on to my E-Class until I figure out what to buy.

Mercedes Benz C300 Sedan - Eco Start / Stop
By Nancy H.

2016 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C300 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

I have only had the car for 3 days, and while I love the car - it looks and drives like a dream. My only complaint on this car is the ECO start / stop. I don't like that when you are braking or place the car on "hold", after about 30-60 seconds the car jolts from zero RPM to 0.5. This is fine as the car is trying to keep the a/c up (I live in Florida), but the jolt is unpleasant - everyone thinks there's something wrong with the car. I would be okay if the transition were smoother. I know I can turn it off, but then I would sacrifice better fuel efficiency. On all other aspects of the car - it is simply amazing, the suspension is wonderfully comfortable, the sound system is crisp and surrounds you. The seats are smart and well designed. My commute to work on the highway is something special every day.