Used 2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

C230 KOMPRESSOR
By Merch Greene

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

So I purchased this car used about 6 months ago, so far I've experienced a bad wiper motor and transmission, bad supercharger, non functional radio, breaks and rotors of the worst degree, electrical issues, and I must say at 100,000 miles with all of this, I LOVE THE CAR. These issues have taught me responsibility with a motor vehicle. It is more than just transportation, you could imagine the pricey cost of repairs, that unfortunately I DID NOT pay. This car has became my best friend and I have learned to listen to her. She now wines louder than a good babe on a summer night. I've fixed literally every issue in this vehicle myself without much knowledge, and I have perfected it's maintenance my damn self. There's a thing about benz that I've learned, and that's to love your car, otherwise you do not deserve one and MBZ will gladly collect in full and pass you along to LEXUS. I have owned a lexus, 2 chevy impalas, and infinity, and a nissan. This by far my prized. I've learned to listen when she's upset or something isn't working properly, and I grab a cig, and enjoy a nice breeze as I work on getting her up to par. Brings back the American pride, esp on a German vehicle. I have learned everything there is to know about this vehicle and I will insist, fixing her was not only a fun easy challenge, but a great experience. She's fast, comfy as hell including those heated seats, my supercharger pulley is spinning like a beyblade. [contact info removed]

C230 Looks Good
By Paul Womack

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

It can be a nice car but often repairs and maintenance are expected to cost more.

loving what I drive
By me

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4dr Sedan

I am the owner of a 2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class 280 White car I love my vehicle I love driving it everyday makes me feel good the only thing you should know about these cars is you don't have the money to keep it maintained well you should not get it because you are high maintenance cars if something should go wrong with it it'll cost you a pretty penny but nothing really goes wrong with it for a long while a little goes a long way

Great car
By Walter Paiz

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 4dr Sedan

This c230 has been a great car. We are looking for a 3rd car right now and we are staying with the Mercedes brand. Looking for an SUV ML320. Once we purchase the ML320 the little c230 will go to my daughter who just got her license. I trust this car so much that I want my daughter to be safe on the road as well as a very reliable car. Yes the repairs are not cheap but they do not come that ofter. I would put a word of caution when purchasing a c230 kompressor make sure that the variable timing module has been replaced, it is something that the c230 kompressor are known for having issues with. This repaired cost us 1,800.00 it was expensive but after that the car has been great.

So Far So Good
By Sam

2000 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C280 4dr Sedan

In 2010, I paid $3,005 for my 2000 C280. It drives like a dream and my last car was a Lexus LS400, so I know smooth. The small dealer slapped a sloppy paint job on the damaged left side, even stuck a screw through the left bumper to hold in place. Anyway, paint job was bad enough to drop the price well below blue book (~$6,300). Also, airbag lights are on, so what. That's fine with me, because my pre-purchase inspection gave the engine an A-Plus! I'll get a better paint job and maybe fix that SRS (airbag) light later. In the meantime, it drives like a fine luxury automobile should drive, like silk. Do I miss my Lexus? Nope! I keep asking my wife, Is this car too good to be true?

I bought a world class Mercedes for 3,000 bucks and it looks great in my driveway! Oh yeah, features: remote keys roll down all the windows and opens the sunroof! One wiper blade pattern for entire windshield. So Cool!

Hmm? How about kick a big dent in your 2010 models, so I can buy another Benz for dirt cheap in 2020.