Used 2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 94 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Great car for the money
By Brianne R

2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I got a great deal on end of model year on this car and I have been very happy over the last year and a half. Zippy car with great handling. Ride may be stiff for some, but I like it. The rear seat can be a little cramped for large passengers, but we've taken some long trips with average folks and they've been fine. The trunk is also roomy enough for their luggage for a weekend trip. Gotta love hatchbacks! With the seats folded down, my husband and I are quite comfortable riding around Pennsylvania for a week with luggage and Christmas presents for all the in-laws. Turning radius is fantastic. Makes parking a breeze.

Handling, interior design, sunroof, MP3 jack location in center console, hatchback versatility

Factory tires are poor in snow as others have said, gauges difficult to read w/lights on in daylight, rear leg room

It's Okay.....
By ChadM

2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for about 2 1/2 years and have a couple of issues with it. From the beginning I have been dealing with warning lights coming on non stop with nothing wrong. I had a blow out of one of my tires. In the pst 1 1/2 I have had to replace the tires twice, maybe because of my commuting. Overall I do love my car, it's just been one thing after another though.

Not in Snow !
By Bullsnotcowboy

2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

It is incredible in dry weather. Nice quick ride and rather cheap to own. Oil changes are awful as they have a plastic shield you have to remove first and Jiffy lube just cuts through it to get to the filter. I greased the 8 bolts so they do not rust up so quickly. Park this car when it snows - it is very dangerous. I cannot even get up a slight incline. completly useless. As much as I love driving it in good weather I will be forced to get rid of it as it is 100% useless on any little bit of snow.

Handling and sporty. Good gas mileage

Better tires and better use in snow. Better design for oil changes

Best car in class
By Anonymous

2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

The Mazda 3 is by far the best value for the money. Great features, awesome to drive and great design. No other car on the market can match the performance, comfort and style in its price range. Very reliable and well made. Definitely recommend this car to anyone.

Powerful engine, cool design, lots a features including sun roof, 17" alloy wheels, in-dash 6 cd changer, free oil changes for life etc.

Could do better on gas mileage (get 26mpg city/highway driving), but with the available power it is worth the price.

The honeymoon is over
By carroll george

2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Very good handling, good mpg for a compact, very good power, lot's of features for money, ride below avg. Even for a compact also not very quiet even for a compact, had it back in for at least 2 events. Remote start and engine lite was on 4 days while I waited for an appointment. Could not drive it for fear of breaking down out of town or in bad place. Messed up 4 day week end.

Style, features, wagon, red, sport 5spd. Auto, satellite radio.

Better horn, more foot space, quieter and better ride