Used 2008 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews - 161 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Very good car
By buckaroo1234

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new. After 30,100 miles have 50% left on front and rear brakes and 40% left on original tires. Tires are rotated every spring. Note that i am easy on the car. Trouble with the power seat track on drivers side which has been fixed. Slight rattle with glove box...that's it. I have had two new v6 Honda's since 1999 and have found them to be very reliable. I cannot speak about the 4 cylinder brakes, or OEM tires. You take care of the car and it will take care of you. Brake hard and late and drive race car style and expect to replace the parts faster.

Brakes
By ThomasK

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Rear Brakes at 21K. Thats ridiculous. Replaced them in my daughters Acura also. Honda can do better. I have had hondas since 1988, never had a brake problem like this. Sums up as poor manufacturing and a disappointment in their design and QC. Buyers beware of the problem and Hondas lack of interest to rectify the issue. Pads cost $50 at the local parts store. In summary.. COME ON HONDA, WE EXPECT MORE!!!

Don't buy an Accord until Honda fixes em
By Lori

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third Honda Accord and while they finally made some improvements in the body styling, the car is worse than I ever could have imagined! First was a 4-cylinder sedan, second a V6 coupe and this one is a V6 coupe with the current styling. I still like the look of the car. But it's noisy as all get out and the brakes are horrid. HORRID! At 20k we had to replace them although it was done under warranty save we paid for labor as the brake issue is now "common and known". My B- In-Law is a mechanic for a local dealership and said he has not seen an Accord NOT need the brakes changed @20k. Today noticed they are smoking. What's next, fires? Then will Honda fix this issue?

Fix the brakes. Improve the noise issue. Air ducts in rear seats.

Excellent design, questionable quality.
By Derek

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my Accord in the fall 2009. Have since put on about 5000 miles, the car currently has about 26000 miles on it. I must say that I am really impressed with the design of the coupe (not sure if they fell asleep designing the sedan). The coupe looks awesome and I get lots of complements. I have owned 4 Hondas and I must say that every time I got a new one, the build quality has gradually got worse. First, door seal came off, then glove box started to rattle, I am watching the rear brakes closely now as many complaints there, rear brakes at 35% but front at 75% interesting. Today I heard new center console rattle. Car vibrates @ 60-70 mph. What happened to Honda quality?! Looks is not all.

I love the XM radio, seats are ok despite several complaints of others. The interior is awesome and the design is outstanding. Love the way the car drives except the vibration at higher speed. When road is smooth everything is fine, no rattles then. Stereo is solid as well. Performance is adequate.

HID lights, shame on you Honda to design great looking head lights but then spoiling it all by halogen. Please improve the quality!!!

Fun to drive but noisy and rattles
By Chris

2008 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Really fun to drive and handling is incredible. Now the bad, tire noise is constant except on perfect new smooth blacktop. The car has numerous rattles from several areas, but only on rough roads or over rail road tracks etc. It is tight on smooth roads. Rear brakes are making a dull hum at 16,000 miles. I would not recommend this car if you are sensitive to road noise and rattles. I would not purchase this car again but only because of the road noise and rattling issues! I plan to sell it asap to get a tight, quiet car like Honda used to build! Too bad, Honda blew it for me! And I was a big fan!

Engine, trans, clutch, stereo, looks, comfortable but firm seats, price, resale, reliability.

Make it quiet and tight like my previous 5 Hondas were! Ride is also too firm for my taste.