Used 2000 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 176 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

2000 4dr EX
By Monty994

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new with high hopes of Honda quality. Unfortunately, I am at 160K and on my 3rd transmission. The first died at 95K and was replaced under warranty. The second died at 135K. Honda did contribute towards the trany and it only cost me $500. Otherwise the car has been pretty good. Other than the transmission, I have only had to replace my starter. Some interior dash lights are starting to die, but it is 10yrs old. The size of the trunk is huge and the car is relatively comfortable and has no problem rolling 80mph on the highway. So in short, I am happy, but expected better reliability from Honda

Large trunk and nice looking

The cup holder is in a bad place.

Transmission went out at 100k
By Roberta

2000 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I Loved this car until at 100k or so transmission started slipping. Due to the design of these years I was advised not to change fluid- big mistake. Manual should have suggested in severe driving conditions like NYC stop and go, change fluid every 12k. Maybe it would have helped; maybe not but I decided to cash in at a paltry $1400 and try a Subaru. I miss the Honda am stressed thinking that if I bought another one (could only afford up to a 2002) the same thing could happen again. Honda should have covered warranty 125k miles and no year finality.

Solid feel when driving. Felt like a tank. Good feel on brakes.

More inside space to store things. Trunk dividers. Bumper guards. Hourly clock wasn't back lit.

130K and still running strong!
By Old frugal guy

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I have a 2000 EX sedan which I purchased new in 2000. I change the oil every 3K miles, installed my first set of brakes (front and rear) at 105K miles, the dealer said that I still had at least 10K miles left on them. Replaced my battery last year. It didn't fail, but it was getting weak. Replaced timing belt and all other belts. Brake fluid, clutch fluid, transmission oil and anti-freeze is changed every 3 years. I get 33 mpg driving 70MPH on the highway. Never had a problem with the car and expect to be driving it for at least another 10 years.

Owning a car this long 10 years you become very comfortable with it. Simple things like the sun glasses compartment, the wife likes the vanity mirrors, and the lights on the doors are nice at night when you are getting in or out.

The seats could be better bolstered. I know that new Honda's have much better seats. The handling could be just a litter more taut. The car came with Michelin tires, when I changed to Bridgestone Potenza's; the handling and tire wear was much improved.

Several problems
By Lori

2000 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

We bought this car in hopes of keeping it "forever". Now at 85,000 I've had to have the transmission replaced (this week)- seems a little too soon for that! Honda did cover 50% of the cost because of the low mileage (they call it Goodwill). The alternator had to be replaced in 2006 (very expensive). The ECM for emissions had to be replaced in 2003 (under warranty). The climate control motor assembly had to be replaced in 2007. The CD player stopped working and the radio had to be replaced in 2004 (Honda covered that). All in all, I guess it's been a good car- it's never left me stranded- but I think the things that have gone wrong are excessive considering the low miles.

Climate control. Roomy trunk. Roomy cabin.

Road noise is pretty bad.

Transmission blew after only 70,000
By KELLY

2000 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I absolutely love this car - it drives great, nice looking. I bought it used at 12,000 miles. I now have 71,000 miles and I need a new transmission. 2500.00 this is unbelievable! I am so bummed. I cannot afford another car or even this trans. but I am doing it. Aamco is doing the work and said they have had 1999 and 2000 Honda's needing new trans. I think this should be a recall, especially since I only have 70,0000.

everything

Seatbealts on drivers side never worked great. Have needed Freon since I bought it, but air works ok.