Used 2014 Ford Flex Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Flex Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

FLEXable Performance!
By Doug

2014 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is one of the best cars we've ever owned. I love the drivers cockpit. Very comfortable and gives you a positive, commanding feel as you drive it. Has the basic PRNDL or the Sport Mode of shifting. Sport mode is a blast! This is a beautiful car that handles superbly. Very eye catching appearance. Great sound system with Sirius XM, CD and AM/FM. It has the voice control system. Very handy. Sync system for your mobile device. By a long shot....the most technically advanced vehicle I've ever owned.

Flexing
By Catalina

2014 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my flex usec from Carmax. Styling is nice two tone red with black roof. Hate that the interior is two toned dark grey leather with light beige roof. My biggest complaint is the handling on rain. Every time I ran over a puddle its like the water grabs my wheels and jerks the car; I'm afraid I will hydro plane. Hoped purchasing new tires would help, but it didn't and that is the main reason I will be getting a different vehicle. The maintenance costs are high too and it's a gas guzzler. Other than those negatives, it is nice to drive during dry conditions, plenty of room.

Little Wagon That Can
By Chuck Olson

2014 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

If you have kids, or are a do-it-yourselfer you will find this vehicle is wonderful. Plenty of room, the back seats fold down to allow 12-foot lumber to be loaded. Groceries are no problem and I can even put four gas cans to fill up at the gas station. Ride is incredible, very smooth, quiet, and handling is exceptional. The turning radius is not great but is manageable. The Flex looks like a wagon that it is but is great at so many things I have it give it a five-star overall rating. If you plan to travel with kids make sure you get the DVD player for the back seat. The kids can watch movies or even play video games. Safety features are very good although I wish my model had the adaptive cruise control that is on my 2017 Ford Fusion. I can't say enough about this little wagon that can!

Great car
By Mike Welton

2014 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought because it is a contemporary station wagon

Ford Flex seatbelt problems
By Marisol Josefina Guerrero

2014 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We’ve owned our flex for 4 years now, and we love it for the most part. My major complaint is that 2 seatbelts have locked up, and we couldn’t fit our entire family of 6 in the car until they were fixed.