Used 2014 Ford Flex Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Flex Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

Great car
By Mike Welton

2014 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought because it is a contemporary station wagon

Ford Flex seatbelt problems
By Marisol Josefina Guerrero

2014 Ford Flex SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We’ve owned our flex for 4 years now, and we love it for the most part. My major complaint is that 2 seatbelts have locked up, and we couldn’t fit our entire family of 6 in the car until they were fixed.

Sweet Ride
By Joe

2014 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

One sweet ride,lots of power

My Flex
By Candie S

2014 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love the car, I'd love it more if I had bought it brand new. I have hit a few bumps in the road with me buying a used one and the dealer. Mine has 1 sunroof and 3 additional openings for a sky roof in the rear sitting areas. A ton of features like running a vehicle health report while the vehicle is running. The vehicle is a very comfortable ride for a large family.

Glad it was a lease and not a used purchase
By C. Lewis

2014 Ford Flex SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The flex is very practical for a family of five with three of them little boys. It is a good alternative to a van. They had to replace the motherboard in the front computer panel the first 6 months I had it. The entire dash would black out in the middle of the interstate (scary!). We also had to have the back two windows replaced because the engineering of the back lift gate puts too much pressure on the windows resulting in pressure cracks. Now, the back up camera has stopped work and it the screen says "go to dealer for repair". Everything was covered under the warranty, which was a blessing because these issues would add up to pretty significant costs if out of pocket. The heater/air is wonderful. Ford's Sync system is one of the best out there IMO. The acceleration is terrible. You have to really watch before you pull out into traffic or onto the interstate on ramp as there is not initial power to get you going quickly. We believe that the Flex should have a larger engine to accommodate the size and weight of the vehicle. The captain chairs in the back with easy access to the third row was very convenient with pretty good storage space using all three rows.