Used 2008 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford F-150 SuperCab

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

So Good So Far
By ATL2059

2008 Ford F-150 SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the truck back in January and it has done well overall. Other than the the tailgate trim piece coming off on one end that was replaced under warranty, it has held up well. The truck drives well and the fuel economy is what should be expected from it. 15 in the city 18 to 19 on the Hwy. The power of the 5.4 is there but it is geared low. It won't be the first one off the line but it will cruise comfortably at 80 no problem. Overall it has been good so far and i hope it will continue to do so.

4x4, Huge Console, Line in, road noise quiet in the cab, Steering wheel controls

More power, bluetooth, fix the tailgate, LED lights.

My best Truck 4.6 v8 stx supercrew 4x4
By chris short

2008 Ford F-150 SuperCab STX 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I got this truck last august from my father for never getting in trouble with the law. I drive gravel everyday because my driveway is 1 mile straight gravel. The suspension handles very well on the gravel as well as on the road. My rear glass shakes a little when i hit a sharp bump though. I am glad i got the 4.6 because i picked up fuel economy compared to my dads 5.4. It has plenty of power to pull my supercrew 4x4. I have had no problems in my first 9000 miles. I hope it keeps up the only thing im doing is lifting the front end to level and adding dual exaust and maybe a cold air intake.

4x4, limited slip rearend, ride quality on road, interior room, and last its a ford

lift the front end so its almost level but not quite, 6 speed tranny

Most Reliable 1/2 ton V8 out there
By Reginhild

2008 Ford F-150 SuperCab FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Very pleased with my F-150 FX4 Crew Cab. The dealer was great to work with and provided a great deal in addition to Ford's great rebates. I picked the F-150 in part because Consumer Reports rates the F-150 with V8 engine as number one of all the 1/2 ton trucks with V8 for reliability. (with the V6, Toyota edges out Ford for number 1 and Ford number 2)

FX4 Off Road features, heavy duty box frame, and body colored steel bumpers.

Light diesel option.

Pleasantly surprised
By TXRUNFX4

After having exceptional luck with my first F150 (98 4x4 that is still going strong), as well as after test driving a Tundra, Silverado, and Dodge, I decided to get another F150. I went with a fully loaded, every option (minus sunroof) 08 FX4 as I didn't see enough difference in 09 to warrant the extra $ for the 09. I've read some reviews about poor power, and I've always felt the F150 lacked the "get up and go" of the Chevy, but I've been very surprised that this truck has loads of power and very nice throttle response. The interior (black leather) is really nice and the truck is super quiet. Very comfortable, great power, very solid! Other trucks were nice, but I'm glad I got the FX4.

Power, throttle response, exceptional interior styling and comfort, very quiet cabin, solid build quality, back-up camera with trailer hitch line-up is great, memory/heated seats, air/radio controls on steering wheel.

Not a huge fan of the Pirelli Scorpion 20" tires, the fuel economy isn't much improved over my 11yr old F150 4x4, but it's a heavy truck and I'll take the build quality every time.

Outstanding
By JOG

2008 Ford F-150 SuperCab FX2 4dr SuperCab Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Well my first truck was a 2008 Toyota Tundra with the 5.7 liter, 381hp, I traded the Tundra in for a 2008 FX2 F- 150 SuperCab 4.6liter, the Ford by far in my oppinion is the better truck, I love the smooth quiet ride, steering, the leather captains chair, Ford has been making trucks a lot longer than Toyota, Ford knows how to build a reliable truck, I paid $24,000.00 for a truck that MSRP at $34,500 and it is loaded, Thank God for Ford. Long live Ford trucks. God bless America!

20" wheels, smooth quiet ride, audiophile stereo, captains chair, overall look, very aggressive loking.

None