Used 2006 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 175 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Bad Transmission 2006 F150
By at

2006 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

At only 18 thousand miles and 3 months out of warranty, the transmission goes out on my 2006 F150 with a 6 cylinder-- Ford did not help with the $3000 transmission replacement either. The bad part is that it is slipping again-- I bought this new thinking it would last, I guess I should have kept my reliable 1988 GMC.

Bought it used
By justjohn

2006 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCab Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought this truck used. It had a little less tha 70,000 miles on it. I have had no problems with it at all. My wife and I love the interior comfort and easy drivability of the truck. Of course I am a Ford man. The last Ford truck I bought (before this one) was a 1992 f150 xlt. I got 250.000 miles off it and still managed to get $2000 trade in when I paid cash for this new (used 2006) I hope I will get the same service out of it. So far I am getting 15 mpg mixed. Which in my opinion is not all that bad. For a truck this size.

Interior. Over all look. Engine has good pickup

better mpg would be nice

Nothing but problems
By fish

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I've been a ford driver for decades. This will be my last Ford. I had several transmission tweaks at 20,000 miles. MAF sensor puked at 28,000 ($650). Differential died at 58,000 miles ($2500). Now my transmission needs new bearings at 63,000 miles. Of course my warranty was void last month so I have to foot a bill for over $2500 to fix the transmission on a 3.5 year old vehicle. Very not cool. This truck is a daily driver, not a workhorse by any stretch of the imagination. Goodbye Ford, it's time for a Ram.

Styling and power.

A reliable truck that functions properly would be beneficial!

This may help!
By Dan

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

3rd Ford truck, and still impressed!. I have the 06' 4 door supercab 5.4 L Triton. If you have the water leak, it's coming from the high mount lamp exterior. a simple bead of clear silicone around the edges of the lamp has permanently resolved this! Why bother with the dealership? USE FULLY SYNTHETIC OIL!. I have heard the 5.4 L Triton has less oil to the top half problems if this is an issue. I have NEVER had a single problem with ANY of my Ford trucks, but, I have learned a few tricks about their little quirks. GREAT TRUCKS!, and come on guys/girls, we aren't driving a 4cyll Toyota coupe, we are driving a 5500 lb V-8 truck, so lets not complain about gas mileage huh?

Looks!, ride!, power, reliability!

the fuel sensor! when I hit the gas, I don't want a 3 second delay..

Great Truck
By McCannibal

2006 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first truck to own and I love it. It rides great, drives great, and feels great. I used to own a 4 door mercedes and this truck has WAY more room in the back seat than the mercedes had. this truck hauls like a champ although your mileage will decline (as expected) There are only 3 problems I have with it. 1. The driver' side door rattles a little when over rough roads or bumps. 2. The ash tray rattles a little over rough roads or bumps. 3. Ever since they started adding ethanol to the gas my fuel economy has dropped significantly (From 20 MPG to about 16) Overall, I really love this truck and will continue buying ford trucks.

Back up sensors, Sirius radio, leather seats, interior room, V8 power, even my fiance loves driving it.

Do something about interior rattles. I dont offroad at all so there really is no excuse for it. Also, find a fix for this stupid ethanol added to gas. I specifically drive across the other side of town to go to the one gas station that has no ethanol in the gas.