Used 2006 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 169 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Overpriced but remarkably solid
By phroggy

2006 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Huge fan of this truck.
Very comfortable, decently powerful, rides like a luxury car.
Fuel mileage is acceptable for the size of the vehicle.
I've had a few problems here and there but the warranty covered them all.
None of the issues were anything that wouldn't happen in a Toyota, Chevrolet or Dodge.
ALL vehicles have issues.
Anyone who says otherwise doesn't have a clue how things really are.

Huge cabin, looks great, unstoppable!!

Needs a power increase and better plastic accents on the exterior. Have to use Black Magic to get the color back into it.

Great Truck for the price
By Tonman

2006 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased this truck with only 25,000 miles on it for under 10,000. I love the 5 speed manual and sitting up high. I have owned Ford trucks all my life and will always by fords.

Nice vinyl seats, the price, 5 speed manual,style of exterior

air conditioning should be standard.

Best F-150 I've Owned So Far
By GK20TH

2006 Ford F-150 FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I special ordered this truck from a local dealership. I love this F-150, I have owned a 1996, 1997 and a 2003 prior to this 2006. This 06 is by far the best, I ordered this truck with the FX4 Luxury package and love having the audio and A/C controls on the steering wheel. I have had only one problem with this vehicle and that is the drivers side power window motor went out. I had to replace the entire window regulator. I thought it was odd that the motor went out with only 34,000 miles. I love this pickup and with me only putting on about 8000 miles a year I expect this truck to last me quite awhile. It's no wonder the F-150 continues to be the best selling vehicle in the country.

Love the look of the FX4 version. The FX4 luxury package is great for those who want some of the features of a lariat version. The A/C and audio controls attached to the steering wheel are wonderful. The captain's chairs are wonderful and love the fact this truck drives like a car. Sirius Sat Radio.

Ok a common complaint, lack of storage space or should I say lack of small storage spaces. Would be nice to have a small space to hold like a wallet or cellphone besides the cup holders.

I love this truck
By Gary Clontz

2006 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I was sorry to read about all the problems some owners are having with their F-150. I guess I got a good one. 65,000 miles and no major problems. The driver's side electric window switch has become intermittent, which is annoying. And the Ford emblem on the front has become opaque and looks bad. The cloth seats stain easily and no amount of cleaning gets them real clean. I switched over to 100% synthetic oil at about 30,000 miles. Still haven't replaced the plugs and tranny is fine so far. I have the 5.4 Triton engine, which I think is pretty good and necessary for this heavy truck. I got the tow package and towed a full heavy trailer no sweat. At 65,000, still have orig. brakes and battery.

The RIDE and HANDLING. Way better than my old 1996 F-150. The styling is very good, IMO. Classier looking than Chevy or Dodge. Nice and roomy inside. Pretty quiet as well. The truck feels tight and solid to drive, with plenty of power for me with the 5.4 Triton engine.

Better cloth on the seats. They stain and mar easily, and are hard to clean. Gas mileage isn't very good, about 14 mph. But it's a big engine in a heavy truck. Overall, I'm pretty happy with my experience with this truck and think the designers hit a home run with it. I wouldn't change much

Bad Transmission 2006 F150
By at

2006 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

At only 18 thousand miles and 3 months out of warranty, the transmission goes out on my 2006 F150 with a 6 cylinder-- Ford did not help with the $3000 transmission replacement either. The bad part is that it is slipping again-- I bought this new thinking it would last, I guess I should have kept my reliable 1988 GMC.