Used 2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Bought it used
By justjohn

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought this truck used. It had a little less tha 70,000 miles on it. I have had no problems with it at all. My wife and I love the interior comfort and easy drivability of the truck. Of course I am a Ford man. The last Ford truck I bought (before this one) was a 1992 f150 xlt. I got 250.000 miles off it and still managed to get $2000 trade in when I paid cash for this new (used 2006) I hope I will get the same service out of it. So far I am getting 15 mpg mixed. Which in my opinion is not all that bad. For a truck this size.

Interior. Over all look. Engine has good pickup

better mpg would be nice

This may help!
By Dan

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

3rd Ford truck, and still impressed!. I have the 06' 4 door supercab 5.4 L Triton. If you have the water leak, it's coming from the high mount lamp exterior. a simple bead of clear silicone around the edges of the lamp has permanently resolved this! Why bother with the dealership? USE FULLY SYNTHETIC OIL!. I have heard the 5.4 L Triton has less oil to the top half problems if this is an issue. I have NEVER had a single problem with ANY of my Ford trucks, but, I have learned a few tricks about their little quirks. GREAT TRUCKS!, and come on guys/girls, we aren't driving a 4cyll Toyota coupe, we are driving a 5500 lb V-8 truck, so lets not complain about gas mileage huh?

Looks!, ride!, power, reliability!

the fuel sensor! when I hit the gas, I don't want a 3 second delay..

2006 F-150 disappointing
By Ken

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have been Dedicated to Ford for 30 yrs however this truck is having to many issues. 3rd tailight leaking and you have to buy the complete light for $70.00 instead of just the seal and as per my parts mgr.the design of the seal has not changed and it is a recurrent problem for customers. I weigh 160 lbs and the drivers seat squeaks terribly. The drivers side seat motor has went out. The front Ford Oval emblem has been replaced twice due to water getting inside. The speaker in the drivers door works part of the time as there is an apparent wiring problem.

Styling is great. fuel mileage is good for this type of vehicle.

Listen to customers and many comments on this site indicate the same issues however they are not being corrected. More attention to detail is needed. a 30 year Ford owner is getting ready to change brands if recurrent problems continue.

Perfect at 38k miles
By Paul M

2006 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

yes, mileage not so good, but it is heavy. 16 mpg highway, 14 city, less in the winter. Towing 6k pound trailer on highway 13 mpg, not too bad considering total weight over 13k pounds with people/gear. Sad to hear of other peoples problems, but at 37k miles been perfect, not a thing wrong. No wet carpet, 3rd brake light fine no leak, rear window no squeak.

the ride for a 6k pound beast. Exterior styling I still like better than '10+ model. would definitely buy again.

should have had more amenities: under seat storage, usb input on radio. Also should have had 5 or 6 speed trans, but 4 speed with lockup hauls 6k pound trailer up interstate hills at 70mph without downshifting, cool.

disappointed
By ted johnson

I had always been a GM guy till the bailout, thought I would try Ford. Reviews, awards, Consumer Reports, all stated Ford where the better vehicle. Mine is not. Although happy with the interior and overall ride of the truck, the reliability is not there. I have had it to the dealer 4 times in 9 months. Nothing major but you do the math. I want to like this truck but the veridct is still out.

interior comfort, styling

MPG, and the fit and finish need work