Used 2004 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 669 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Great Truck
By floridafordleo

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the truck in January 2004 when there weren't many on the road. 120,000 miles later and the only two things on the entire truck that have broke was the passenger side window motor and the grommet on the center shift linkage.
Unbelievable low maintenance truck.
Been using mobile one full synthetic oil since it was a baby and Fram filters.
Two sets of brakes and 3 sets of tires later the truck is perfect.
Everything in the truck still works even those back up sensors.
Put a leveling kit on it when it was new and thats it.
Great truck, not looking forward to changing the plugs though, that maybe a big problem due to the issue with the 5.4 and the spark plugs breaking off.

Durability Interior doesn't squeak like a Chevy Strong Motor Quietness of ride

SPARK PLUG ISSUE!

1st truck, 1st owner. So far, so good.
By First_Time_Owner

2004 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab STX Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Kept up with all the fluids and filters. There was a recall in early years. Never brought it in for any of the major annual routine checks. I replaced it's first set of tires, brakes, rotors, and axle seals at 90,000 miles, battery at 80,000. Turned 100,000 miles this month. I drive it easy and push it hard. Still runs optimal. Drives good on long hauls and 115+ degree desert heat. Starts up easy under 30 degree tempts too. Handled good when sliding all over the wet/dry roads. The cab is roomy, comfy and quiet. Back window seal has a small crack, bed trim faded quick, and the seals around the cowl cracked and blew away long ago due to desert life. Painted red and still looks good.

The back doors and extra cab space is convenient. The taller bed height is a plus when moving stuff. Interior and exterior is streamlined. With no carpet, easy to keep clean. Seat belt placement is nice too. And cracks me up when people forget how to open the door. LOL.

A wider center seat/arm rest; plenty of seat space to accommodate. Get rid of the wussy exhaust system; people don't intend to buy a truck for it's sound qualities. Fix tranny, tends to jerk into second a bit rough at lower speeds.

It's been almost 7 years.
By BWJ1978

2004 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XLT Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

It has been almost 7 years since I wrote a review on this truck in 2003. I had some starting off issues with it but let me tell you this truck has ended up being a trooper. It now has 126,891 miles on it and I love it. It is my baby. Sadly, I am having to sell it for financial reasons and it hurts. These trucks are pretty good in my opinion. The transmission actually worked the problem out itself. I have only replaced normal items that wear. The only issues I asked Ford to fix have already been addressed in the 2009 model. Looking at my old review, man have I changed for the better, and my F150 has been by my side the whole way. I thank the Lord for such a great truck!

Styling, color, interior, toughness.

Improvements that I would complain about have been made in the 2009 model such as the leaky third stop lamp, power, and fuel economy.

I only buy Fords
By OBX

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab STX Rwd Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my STX 01/2010 with 28,000 miles. Like the body style. Very comfortable ride. Still like new. The only issue I have is that it shimmies when I put brakes on at > 45 MPH. Guess I'll get rotors replaced.

Body style and comfort.

better fuel economy

2004 FX4
By jason803

2004 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab FX4 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck in 2008 after looking through numerous car dealerships. It was love at 1st sight. 2 years later I still love my truck only problems I have had was a leak in rear window and water in the tail light nothing major. I use it for my boat and I sometimes forget I am hauling anything. I almost ripped the back end of a honda civic off that was stuck once and barely press the gas. Overall very good buy even though it get jealous when it sees the new chevy 2500HD pass by. I only see around 13-15 mpg which not very good but I bought the edge evolution and now get around 16-17 mpg also recommend this item as a add on

4WD, 5.4 engine,interior very nice, exterior (still looks as good as 2010)

MPG