Used 2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Solid Ford F150
By TLNH

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

My F150 XLT Supercab, 4.2L, 6 cylinder automatic currently has 83,000 miles on the odometer. At under $19,000 new, it is one of the lowest cost, well equipped, six passenger vehicles available. It has only had one problem with a failure of the coil assembly. It was relatively low cost to repair & did not leave me dead out on the road. We use it as our primary vehicle for our family of four. It enables to go where we want, when we want & bring whatever we want. I have been rear-ended twice. The structure held up well & suffered minimal damage in both accidents. I plan on keeping this truck for at least ten years. I would recommend it for anyone wanting reliable people & cargo space.

Size is great for everything we do. It can carry six people & a large cargo load. Ride is better than my wife's car (Subaru Impreza). Driver comfort is great. I drove it to Washington DC from NH with no discomfort. This is the first vehicle I have owned, that's this comfortable during a long drive.

Power rear windows, brighter back-up lights, standard bed liner, more robust headlight switch, knob design. (I have broken 3).

I tried to trade in....and couldn't
By Brian Barnes

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We decided that 3.00/gallon gas was the limit and went to trade our F150 in. Ended up getting a used car for commuting, and keeping the truck. This is the absolute king of family vehicles. It saved our trip to Florida, while pulling a 27' camper with no strain. Gas mileage for a 4x4 with a 5.4 Triton is good, if you don't get carried away with its power and speed. Ride comfort and room are unparalleled, and reliability is a 'given' with Fords. Even with gas prices going out of control, we won't part with our Lariat! I'm shooting for 200,000+ miles before that thought comes around again.

Everything. Comfort, visibility, climate control, handling, and performance are all excellent. The styling is really nice, too. I prefer the more aerodynamic look of the 2002 over the newer 'box' designs.

More power and better mileage would be nice ... but then, so would winning the lottery. Come on folks, it's a big truck and the lower gas mileage is to be expected. Economy is not what we buy trucks for, is it?

My F150
By Danny

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

This truck I have had for three years. The truck has not given me any problems at all since I bought it three years ago. I had the slave clutch changed to a better one. The interior design of this truck is comfortable and well planned out for some one who uses the truck to travel in. I love to take long trips in it since it does save me money on fuel. I use roughly about $200 dollars to get from California to Texas and back to California. The suspension gives you a comfortable and quiet ride. All in all I give this truck a 9.8 out of 10.

My favorite feature is the console layout; easy to read and use with ease of reach of stereo system.

Everyone should drive a Ford truck!
By nichole

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Comfortable to drive on a long road trip, good looking, great on gas, and great audio system, this is the best combination in a family friendly truck. We can take our dogs & kids on a long distance highway trip and ride in comfort. Not to mention the wonderful extras, we can never get lost because our truck always tells us what direction we're going & the smooth ride lets the kids and dogs take their naps. When its time to do the weekend chores, the spacious bed gives us plenty of room to make a worthwhile trip to our local landfill! We love it & wouldn't trade it for anything ... except another FORD!

Plush interior, great gas mileage.

The suicide doors seem like a novelty at first, but in a crowded parking lot, they are a little difficult to load/unload.

Ford FX4 150 Ext Cab
By paul hilton

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I had X plan and bought the truck because I saved $2500. The 5.4 triton is bad on gas mileage 12 to 15 mpg. When I put a 21 foot camper on it struggles on hills some. And gets very bad mileage; about 10 mpg. Will buy a GMC or a Dodge next time. They pull better. My 1994 GMC 1500 pulled my camper better than this Ford and got better mileage.

it looks very good and no mechanical problems.

More power and better fuel mileage.