Used 2001 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCab

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Ford Makes the Best Trucks
By Akgirlie

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck after my 00' Chevy Silverado just kept giving me problem after problem! I had an F-150 before, and it didn't take me a year to trade it in for this one. I live in Alaska, and I need my 4x4. I love how reliable it is, even hitting 9 years old. I've had yet to have an engine or transmission problem on either of the ones I've owned. (this one has 107k, my old one had over 165k) I love how the bed is heavy enough that I never bother to put weight in the bed and I feel completely in control in blizzards and bad street conditions. Built Ford Tough is absolutley the truth!

Interior and exterior design, towing capability, it would be amazing if you got this truck in a spot you can't get out of, the power of the Triton 5.4 V8, the amazing heater!

Turing radius could be improved a little bit.

Keeps on going
By nick

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck used with 54000 miles on it. It has severed me well. It has 178000 on it now. The trany went at 101000. After 75000 you should keep a extra ignition coil in the garage, you will need it. The 4x4 is amazing, I have never been stuck anywhere,and I go off road alot. She hauls an amazing amount of weight. I was looking to replace her,but I will hold on until the last heart beat.She's just that good.Change the oil every 3000 and trany 30000 and she'll treat you right.5.4L rocks, I can get 18 mph if I drive normal. It usually gets 16 mph.

4x4 on the switch, cabin room, power,ease of maintainance

Easier access to heater core.

Great Truck
By Doug Mc

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XL 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

This is the 2nd new Ford F150 I have owned. The first was a 1990 model and I drove it for 11 years and it had 200,000 miles on it when I traded it in. I have had this one for almost 9 years now and its up to 180,000 miles and still running great. It has had normal maintenance plus a couple of little hiccups along the way, but overall a great truck and fun to drive. I have the V6 model and since I don't do any heavy towing, it is fine and the acceleration is great. I love sitting up high and seeing the road.

I like the comfort of the front seats - very comfortable for me since I am 6'-1 tall. The leg room in the backseat behind mine when I am driving is not that great, but for kids its fine. The finish both exterior and interior is very good. I have kept it washed and waxed and it looks new today

The gas mileage on the V6 is not as good as I would have expected - anywhere from 15 mpg to 18 mpg.

A good friend
By Bruce

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XL 4WD Styleside LB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This truck has been so reliable and great looking I hate to trade it in for another one. The radio has a rich sound, I just put the 3rd set of tires on it at 110,000 miles. I have not done any suspension work except shocks. I have used synthetic oil every 6,000 miles and have never had to add any oil between changes. It's a good friend

The truck looks like new and has a great paint job. The compass and the air temperature gauges are very handy. The radio/DVD player sounds great.

Ford has done a great job making this truck and it not only hauls like it should, it makes a family sedan you won't be embarrassed to drive. It doesn't get great gas mileage, but it weighs a lot.

Ford tough
By Marjoh

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

187k miles(!). Smokin deal for babied truck I couldn't pass up. Steering, tranny, engine, brakes = superb. I researched trucks for wks. 2001 F150 is SOLID with awesome reliability. I drove many Chevys and none of them felt as robust as the F150. This is an incredibly well built truck with outstanding ext paint quality, plenty of muscle, & smooth ride. With flowmaster exhaust it roars like a lion. Handling is outstanding for a 9 year old truck. Power steering is perfect touch and feel. Adjustable pedals, compass, outside temp, pwr everything, big center console, incredible leg room in back, etc are all just sauce on a juicy slab of grade A beef. Truly Ford hit a homerun with this model yr

4 doors, leg room (I am 6'3 and there is plenty of room to spare), 5.4l V8 (vroom), tow power, aesthetics, nicely padded seat with high quality springs and KILLER back support (think Serta mattress--seriously), loads of extras (compartments, lights, compass, temp, etc), etc etc etc

Overall this is a fantastic machine. Hard to criticize it. If you're looking for an older truck to buy cash as we were, this is the one you want: 2001 Lariat 5.4 liter V8 w. off road package. Feel the weight of the doors. Listen to them slam tightly shut. Compare to Chevy. No comparison.